3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I went by there on Saturday in the Miata and saw his trail of destruction.

That highway is known for DUIs on Friday nights. It’s the autobahn from the city to the suburbs.

I was actually driving by that spot about 40 minutes after that happened. I was out for a late night drive with rudolf. I waited until I thought the drunks were off the road lol.

It was all cleared by the time I was up there or at least I didn’t see anything.

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
My Ex wrecked 2 cars last week ... damn.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Main thing is he still alive. have been there before, not worth the embarrassment when the family gets the call to pick you up in jail. And he's probably banned from the road for a long time, happened to my wife's cousin. Idiot who's wife has to work 2 jobs and he gambles away his paycheck or spends it on vices. still paying rent, he'll never get a house, and his wife takes all that abuse, horrible people out there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I went by there on Saturday in the Miata and saw his trail of destruction.

That highway is known for DUIs on Friday nights. It’s the autobahn from the city to the suburbs.

I was actually driving by that spot about 40 minutes after that happened. I was out for a late night drive with rudolf. I waited until I thought the drunks were off the road lol.

It was all cleared by the time I was up there or at least I didn’t see anything.
So true about GA400. I grew up in ATL (lived mostly in in St Mountain and East Cobb, short stints near Perimeter Mall and in Alpharetta) and saw that often, although long stretches of I-75 north of the river and I-85 from 285 out to at least Pleasant Hill can get pretty fast, also.

Where in Marietta do you live? I lived near Paper Mill and Terrell Mill, Wheeler HS district.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
So true about GA400. I grew up in ATL (lived mostly in in St Mountain and East Cobb, short stints near Perimeter Mall and in Alpharetta) and saw that often, although long stretches of I-75 north of the river and I-85 from 285 out to at least Pleasant Hill can get pretty fast, also.

Where in Marietta do you live? I lived near Paper Mill and Terrell Mill, Wheeler HS district.
Roswell Rd and Johnson Ferry

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Is that the road that runs up to Dahlonega eventually? I remember visiting my folks back in the early 90's and my dad taking me out there showing off the 420 SEL he'd just bought for mom doing 130+, I thought it was cool and terrifying at the same time lol.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Is that the road that runs up to Dahlonega eventually? I remember visiting my folks back in the early 90's and my dad taking me out there showing off the 420 SEL he'd just bought for mom doing 130+, I thought it was cool and terrifying at the same time lol.
Yes it is. It goes from I-85 just south of the Buckhead district, into the financial center tunnel where it meets the subway that goes along the center median. Once it hits the perimeter freeway the subway goes back under and 400 continues north into the perimeter district and then it heads north into the suburbs. The section just north of the perimeter is where most of the speeding is. It’s 55 right now due to construction but the actual speed is 80-90.

As it goes up north it takes some very gentle curves as it borders the western shores of lake Lanier before turning into a signaled divided highway. It then goes for while longer until it ends at South Chestatee Pkwy, officially. Keep going and you’ll find fun road and wineries.

400 near it’s start at Buckhead

Turn left for fun

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I created this very helpful map with guides for using Pilot Assist!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Very helpful! I used to take my MR2 up to Dahlonega all the time. It really is very fun up there!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Brilliant! I'm in the Roswell - Canton St area, so I rarely go beyond Lord of the Flies
Ahh you’re very close to me. I’m just over the county line.

There’s not very many wagons in this area, let alone folks on Swedespeed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts