SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one turbo gets over 250 HP, can 2 turbos bring in 500 HP? I have 2 turbos and am looking to install. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Dual turbos anybody? (c70dvrvr)

Quote, originally posted by c70dvrvr »
If one turbo gets over 250 HP, can 2 turbos bring in 500 HP? I have 2 turbos and am looking to install. Any ideas?

TWO turbos? On a 5-cyl. engine? You cannot be serious...Sell one of them and invest the money you make on a nice mod for your C70.

Yannis

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: Dual turbos anybody? (c70dvrvr)

Quote, originally posted by c70dvrvr »

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
The guy who created the screen name was a guy from Vspeed who came over here to harass thge REAL c70drv.

He was banned http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: (V50_T5)

Quote, originally posted by V50_T5 »
not exactly an expert in turbos but from my understanding one bank of cylinders should only have one turbo, a V motor 2 heads MAY benefit from 2 turbos. but in several situations one BIG turbo may be better. in the I-5 t case , one turbo

An inline engine can have two turbos which may run sequentially (i.e. for an I-6 engine, one turbo would amount for 3 cylinders, etc.). But I do not think it would be possible to have twin turbos on a 5-cyl. engine.

Yannis

·
Registered
183 Posts
In fact if you have 3 turbos you can go 750 HP and at 5 turbos you would be doing an amazing 1,250 HP...Yeah...right....People are crazy...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: (S40FUN)

Quote, originally posted by S40FUN »
In fact if you have 3 turbos you can go 750 HP and at 5 turbos you would be doing an amazing 1,250 HP...Yeah...right....People are crazy...

OK, guys...easy now.

Yannis

·
Registered
510 Posts
Re: (S40FUN)

** Thanks for the laugh ** I needed this one. I don't think this guy was serious, it's like saying, my car will go faster if I put 2 engines in it.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Re: (Toronto1)

Quote, originally posted by Toronto1 »

** Thanks for the laugh ** I needed this one. I don't think this guy was serious, it's like saying, my car will go faster if I put 2 engines in it.

you gotta see it to believe it...

go to google...and search for "twin engine tiburon"

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: (Greasemonkeyjoe)

Two Turbo's can be done, I would however suggest they be installed sequentially. That would be really trick!
Or even more fun runa supercharger and turbo set up like the old Lancia Delta rally car set-up.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (Greasemonkeyjoe)

Quote, originally posted by Greasemonkeyjoe »
I found a guy on turbobricks,com that had a twin turbo 16v head b230f. but I cant find the pics. It was pretty cool looking.

In Sweden a few people are running these setups. One doing twin KKK-K24 over 500 BHP.

Problem with the Volvo is space and the wrong balance on the 5 cylinder. But a sick brain could make it work I guess.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: (Toronto1)

Quote, originally posted by Toronto1 »

You mean it won't? Sh*it that was my last hope....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts