SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all of you - I noticed something odd today. We went for a drive today and we returned i accidentally touched the left exhaust tip while unloading the trunk and it was hot. For some odd reason I decided to touch the right side and it was cold? Should the exhaust temps be exactly the same for both sides?

Is there a problem with my exhaust?

Thanks....

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
On T8 (and maybe T6 too), there is a valve on one side of exhaust pipe that only opens at higher RPM. So it could be cool if last few miles are just light driving.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
We went for a drive today and we returned i accidentally touched the left exhaust tip while unloading the trunk and it was hot. For some odd reason I decided to touch the right side and it was cold?
You must've been a handful for your parents. :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I went ahead and disconnected the plug to the right exhaust. So both exhausts work all the time. It might be a bit louder but that is ok. Any restriction in the exhaust will reduce power though it is probably not noticeable.

·
Registered
442 Posts
No errors?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I went ahead and disconnected the plug to the right exhaust. So both exhausts work all the time. It might be a bit louder but that is ok. Any restriction in the exhaust will reduce power though it is probably not noticeable.
Pics?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I went ahead and disconnected the plug to the right exhaust. So both exhausts work all the time.
I see this as a regression. You're losing the ability to dynamically control exhaust noise for zero performance gain.

Luxury cars have this feature so you get to choose - quiet exhaust or sport exhaust. If anything, the exhaust could be a bit louder in POWER mode.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see this as a regression. You're losing the ability to dynamically control exhaust noise for zero performance gain.

Luxury cars have this feature so you get to choose - quiet exhaust or sport exhaust. If anything, the exhaust could be a bit louder in POWER mode.
Yesterday I parked next to a BMX X5 or X3 (I don’t recall) but I did notice the left exhaust was black with carbon while the right side was shinny Chrome. So you are correct it looks like other manufacturers use the same technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts