SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when the car is running and you press the odometer reset button for 10 seconds and the car beeps at you, then you hit the read button at the end of the turn signal stalk, are the codes given there of any value? Are they DTCs? Or just mysterious Volvo numerology?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: DTC? Or just fun numbers? (adykes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>adykes</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, when the car is running and you press the odometer reset button for 10 seconds and the car beeps at you, then you hit the read button at the end of the turn signal stalk, are the codes given there of any value? Are they DTCs? Or just mysterious Volvo numerology?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>They should tell you which modules have stored DTC's. <p>Remember, there are DTCs stored for every stupid thing in this car. I once pulled 20 pages (yes pages) of DTC's off my car for things as stupid as "low voltage, window regulator passenger door".

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DTC? Or just fun numbers? (Needsdecaf)

Ahhh. Which modules makes sense. What's 105? Anyone know? The other diagnostic routine (dont remember what you push for that) that scrolls thru and says "BCM OK" etc is useless I agree, but this one just pops up numbers. I had 52 amd 105...

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (firehawk618)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>firehawk618</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Interesting. Sounds like maybe you're reading software versions of the DIM?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Odd thing is, before I had my CEL on, just the 52 came up, (mind you, I always have an "Alarm System Service Requested" warning for reasons that would take another post), now that the CEL is lit, I get 105 as well. Thought it was interesting so Im wondering what the rhyme or reason is?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: DTC? Or just fun numbers? (adykes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>adykes</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ahhh. Which modules makes sense. What's 105? Anyone know? The other diagnostic routine (dont remember what you push for that) that scrolls thru and says "BCM OK" etc is useless I agree, but this one just pops up numbers. I had 52 amd 105...</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Ah, my mistake, that's the routine that I thought you were talking about. <p>not sure what the #'s mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts