SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A salesman assured me this weekend that DSTC is "standard equipment now" on all 2003 XC70's. <p>I think he may be saying this just because he doesn't have the car I want with DSTC coming in to his dealership this year, and the car he is trying to sell me will not be equipped with DSTC.<p>Is DSTC one of those "factory options" that is actually on every car? Should I really care (how useful is it, really) ?<p>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: DSTC -- Standard on all 2003 XC's ? (venicedante)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>A salesman assured me this weekend that DSTC is "standard equipment now" on all 2003 XC70's. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>NO, it is not. DSTC is a stand-alone option. STC is a standard feature in AWD models. It is extremely difficult to find AWD models equipped with DSTC because it is an expensive option and most people do not care about it (partly because we, Volvo Retailers, do not do a great job in talking up this great feature).<p><BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is DSTC one of those "factory options" that is actually on every car? Should I really care (how useful is it, really) ?<p><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><br>I have already answered part of your question, here. As far as "should you really care"....well, depends. If you want to have the "ULTIMATE" skid protection, yes, you should care. DSTC is a form of "lateral" traction control device...one can easily say that it is more important in FWD cars rather than AWD cars but it has nothing to do with forward traction control. I, for one, after I really learned what it is and what it can do have regretted not spending the extra money and ordering it with my current car. If you can spend the extra money for it, do it. Otherwise, if you can't or you can't find an XC70 that already has it, that is not the end of the world.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DSTC -- Standard on all 2003 XC's ? (GrecianVolvo)

So, as a "factory option" can it be added by the dealer? What sort of equipment is involved?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: DSTC -- Standard on all 2003 XC's ? (venicedante)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>So, as a "factory option" can it be added by the dealer? What sort of equipment is involved?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>No it can't be added at the Retailer.<p>Yannis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts