SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing an XC70, and I'm looking at the DSTC option. (A $695 upgrade). Is this the same DSTC that's used on the XC90. I've heard Volvo is making DSTC standard on all of their vehicles next year - will the same DSTC available on the XC70 now be used on the vehicles next year, or will it be a modified DSTC.<p>Thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: DSTC question (j421)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>j421</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm considering purchasing an XC70, and I'm looking at the DSTC option. (A $695 upgrade). Is this the same DSTC that's used on the XC90. I've heard Volvo is making DSTC standard on all of their vehicles next year - will the same DSTC available on the XC70 now be used on the vehicles next year, or will it be a modified DSTC.<p>Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I cannot tell you, for sure, the electronic profile of MY06 DSTC vs. MY07 DSTC. DSTC, pretty much, functions the same on all Volvo models. What may be confusing you is the <i>additional</i> feature found in the XC90s; RSC.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DSTC question (GrecianVolvo)

Thanks for the response. I think I am confusing it with RSC. Does anyone know the difference between the operation of RSC and DSTC?<p>Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: DSTC question (j421)

Here's a Volvo page published just today which describes the two XC90 systems, and many more:<p><A HREF="http://volvocars-pr.com/index.asp?mediaid=3690&menupar=newsroom&lang=1&flash=0&menuhighlight=archive" TARGET="_blank">The New Volvo XC90: Holistic Approach to Retain Top Ratings for Safety</A><p>Tom.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think the DSTC is worth it? None of the volvo dealers I've looked at have an xc70 with DSTC, and I think finding one will require some luck.<br>

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: (j421)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>j421</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you think the DSTC is worth it? None of the volvo dealers I've looked at have an xc70 with DSTC, and I think finding one will require some luck.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes, that's why I special ordered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of leasing an xc70, and to lock in current rates, I cannot order one. There aren't any on the lot with DSTC, so I'm deciding if I should just wait until next year, or lease one without DSTC.<p>Does anyone happen to know of a volvo dealer in the northeast who has an xc70 with DSTC in stock?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: (j421)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>j421</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Does anyone happen to know of a volvo dealer in the northeast who has an xc70 with DSTC in stock? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>I have a couple. Call or e-mail me.<p>Yannis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts