SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to take apart the DSTC button today to convert the blank into a subwoofer control. When I got the thing apart, there was another switch on the circuit board. Does anyone know what that might be? Something from another model?

You can see the button and circuit board under the blank:

DSTC on the left, I don't know what on the right.

Here is the backside of the switch unit.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
thats odd. I wanted to use the "blank" switch for my aux, but it turned out it wasn't a button, just a piece of non-functional plastic. and if I remember correctly, the blank space is normally reserved for the C70's convertible roof...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
possible a WINTER button for the snow package with an automatic transmission

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Volvos always have extra buttons in the dash, the S60/V70/XC90 has like half a dozen. Main use for the extra one next to the DSTC (or STC in some others) is in the C70 where it drops the top. Interesting that there's an actual switch under there, I'm sure it's not active though. Try actuating it and let us know what happens! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Sweet, I would use it for something then. Just figure which wires are the output for each switch and then using the wiring for something else. Just fuse and relay the circuit and could use it for NAAAAAAZZZZZ!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
funny, with the c30, those buttons were used for the front and rear park assist, ie: turn on and off the beeping noise.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Good point - anyone with an S40 that has the parking radar option? I bet they use this location too.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
possible a WINTER button for the snow package with an automatic transmission
The winter drive button is right in the shifter bezel.

On the subject I think you can still use the location but maybe not a functional push button. A bass knob would be a sweet thing to put there as well.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ejection Seat : Nitrous : Under Hood Fire Extinguisher : 20 seconds of Over Boost : H2o Pump for Additional IC Cooler . :D
Thank god, I thought I this car lacked those options! :D

And Primo, I'm worried that the pathways in the circuit board cross from one side to another as they both use the same cable. I'll have to look closer to see for sure though.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
So If Your turning off the DSTC - Your looking for Fun Mode - Not sure what Volts it takes to Trigger - 50 Hp Nitrous set up .

Could We get a Back side shot of that little Broad - Interesting - !

Even If it was only used to - Kick off some Interior Lighting - LED's seems feasible .

I Think You guy wit the Auto's get more Buttons & Switches , as I don't have those . That has to an Optional Unit from the Factory .

If it was an Option then on AWD , why couldn't someone Add it later ?
( I don't remember anyone looking to see If the Option could be Added at The Dealer )

·
Super Moderator
2,988 Posts
The back up sensors are activated with the 'Enter' and 'Exit' buttons on the waterfall console.
Deactivating park assist
Press the Exit button on the center control panel (see the illustration on page 61). PARK ASSIST DEACTIVATED, ENTER TO ACTIVATE will be shown in the display in the center console.

Reactivating park assist
Press the Enter button in the center control panel to reactivate the system. The text PARK ASSIST ACTIVATED, EXIT TO DEACTIVATE will be shown in the display in the center console.
That push button next to the DSTC/STC is for "optional auxiliary equipment."
So I suppose you could go through all the optional auxiliary equipment for the car and find out which one utilizes the switch, how to activate the circuit and where the wiring goes.
Auxiliary equipment
The button to the right of the STC/DSTC button can be used for Volvo-installed optional or auxiliary equipment.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I suppose you could go through all the optional auxiliary equipment for the car and find out which one utilizes the switch, how to activate the circuit and where the wiring goes.
That is flat-out vague. Equipment? Trunk Monkey?

·
Registered
707 Posts
seen some cars (pre facelift) in which this button was for BLIS.
or the C70 where is roof up or down.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Doubt it will help, the switch pretty much goes straight to the CEM, and programming there controls the function. But, you never know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts