SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted a real pics of the DRT slotted rotors, and they were looked like this:

when on DRT-sport.com website, their slotted rotors shown like this:

The first pattern (as shown on first pic) I love more, but where is the truth? Which is the real DRT slotted rotors pattern?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I believe you can get the patterns 'over-[slotted]', which is what the top picture is, while the lower picture is just the slotted.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
The ones I got look exactly like your second pic.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That first picture is mine.

Here it is on the car:

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yep, thanks DarekP. The ebay offer for front and rear kit from drt-sport store is cheaper, than on the web-store. I think, I'll get them.
I am very happy with my set.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to found some real pics of drilled/slotted DRT rotors, seted up on the car to compare, which pattern looks better on the car, but that slotted ones, that you showed looks very good!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But the big pros, why I temped to buy just slotted, that they wouldn't crack. :)

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Interesting. The set that I got from them is overbored around the hub bore (and does not sit centered on the hub). I believe they may have switched manufacturers for the rotors at some point. Did you have that same issue?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Interesting. The set that I got from them is overbored around the hub bore (and does not sit centered on the hub). I believe they may have switched manufacturers for the rotors at some point. Did you have that same issue?
No problems here. And, manufacturer of my set is Centric Parts.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Interesting. I received Centric as well, and they were mis-boxed (left vs. right vanes), and the hub bore was off by 1-2mm

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ok, I think I may know what's going on here.

DRT offers "regular" and "premium" rotors for our cars. I have the DRT "premium" slotted rotors from their webpage [second ones pictured]. I believe their cheaper "regular" rotors are the ones offered on ebay. They're all centric blanks before DRT gets them, but the steel qualities/chemistry may be different between the two varieties.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts