SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a simple upgrade that wouldn't cost much or any money. I love changing lights and working with electrical, so I thought about wiring the DRL's into the little white parking lights next to the turn signals. This would keep the DRL's on constantly. Since I have the Active Bi-Xenon headlamps, the DRL's are never on because I leave the switch in the on position for the brights at night. Before I start splicing, has anyone done this? Any thrown codes or warnings? Blown fuses? And most of all, will it work?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thats what I did wtih mine and it worked perfectly. NO issues.

THe DRLs that i used only use 9W per side and i upgraded the OEM 5W bulb to a 1W LED bulb so it balances out. No error checks no overloading the system. You will be fine.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your DRL's are on at the same time as the headlight, correct?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yes unfortunately you cant really turn them off unless you use a switch.

You can also tap a fuse in the engine compartment that has power when the engine is on but that wont change much since our low beams are on all the time unless you disable them.

If you want to be able to turn them off i would suggest putting an AUX switch inside the cabin to interrupt the power to them on demand.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm talking about a different DRL actually mine is an '07 model, so the DRL's are right next to the headlamp. I still have the fog lamps where the new DRL's are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts