SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made of aluminum featuring 3W led chips across 3 chips per unit for a total of 9w and about 800-1000lm.

What do you think???

They are quite bright, the camera does not do them justice...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Lol I'm a fan of the led
I was thinking about an LED light bar behind the lower grill but your set up is killer too...

My V50 with a 18,000lm light bar 210w

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

This was the last set up but these weren't as bright and were too blue, the camera however makes them look kick ass but they sucked...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Made of aluminum featuring 3W led chips across 3 chips per unit for a total of 9w and about 800-1000lm.

What do you think???

They are quite bright, the camera does not do them justice...

They look great - how did you mount them under the bumper? I've been thinking of auxiliary lights but not using the Volvo plate mounting bracket. I do want the aux switch and wiring harness though from the Volvo kit to make it a clean install inside using canbus.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look great - how did you mount them under the bumper? I've been thinking of auxiliary lights but not using the Volvo plate mounting bracket. I do want the aux switch and wiring harness though from the Volvo kit to make it a clean install inside using canbus.
Double sided 3M tape is it took and the wiring is zip ties to the PS cooler in case it lets go.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

They are simply insane...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not at all the factory fog lamps are H1 halogen and are quite yellow and shine down at the ground where these are designed to shine straight ahead much like high beams so that they are seen by other motorists during the day light.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I got it on ebay it's a 24".. Well it measures out to 22, 24 with the brackets. It's the one with wide angles on the sides and spots in the middle, and I used yellow tinting film to tint it yellow. I wired it directly to the positive terminal under the hood with a relay grounded on the body and ran the switch through the fender and under the door seal into the fuse box and used an add a fuse to the wiper fuse to power the switch, which I stuck to the shifter console. I can take some pics if you want, it turned out really good I think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is what I ust installed, based on 2 fog motorcycle lights, cost around 50 USD, but high quality and fits perfectly inside the original fog light.

Too bright though for night, so I disconnect when the night comes...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is what I ust installed, based on 2 fog motorcycle lights, cost around 50 USD, but high quality and fits perfectly inside the original fog light.

Too bright though for night, so I disconnect when the night comes...

That looks fantastic, any idea how many lumen??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts