SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but does the hid ballast also power the Drl? I ask because my hid and Drl went out. ..though hid went out first and I think it could just be a bad bulb.. Waiting for a new one, but in the meantime I ask to see if maybe it can be a fuse or is this a common issue I don't know about? Gonna have to dig around the wires this weekend if nothing comes up

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
3,899 Posts
No, the DRL is just bulb, there is no ballast (Unless you fit in something aftermarket). That sounds more like a wiring issue, my DRL went out but it was because the wiring actually fried inside the housing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the DRL is just bulb, there is no ballast (Unless you fit in something aftermarket). That sounds more like a wiring issue, my DRL went out but it was because the wiring actually fried inside the housing.
Cool thanks. What was your fix?

·
3,899 Posts
I deactivated the auto DRL in Vida, now I don't get a code. I built a separate harness that is wired up to my rear fog, now my rear fog is my DRL.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I deactivated the auto DRL in Vida, now I don't get a code. I built a separate harness that is wired up to my rear fog, now my rear fog is my DRL.
How do you do this in VIDA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,899 Posts
Not sure, I had a local Volvo tech do it. I'm sure there's a thread on it on it here.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I had the car parked and on with my girl inside... Came out and noticed the passanger rear tail drl is also not lit along with the fender light. Turn signal does work on both sides

·
Registered
136 Posts
It’s funny because I have the option in Vida but it only works sometimes. Not sure if I did something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts