SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the DRL on our cars besides dumping 200$ at the Stealership?

Does the Ebay VIDA DICE work? If so which one do I buy?

Any info would be appreciated.

I plan on doing a retrofit and wanted to use the Low Beam as a trigger wire for the Xenons but dont want to do it with the PWM so I need them off.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
VIDA is what you need.
Who TF charges $200? Supposed to be free.
What year XC90?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just disabled mine using a VIDA from AliExpress. I think it was like $80 shipped and came with the program and device. Make sure you get the one with the multi-colored indicator lights (not all blue) and the green PCB board. From my research those, people said those are the best.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VIDA is what you need.
Who TF charges $200? Supposed to be free.
What year XC90?
I asked the dealer to do my V50 and they quoted me some absurd amount of money like 180$ for 1.5hrs of labor and software download, i told them to go pound sand.

Just disabled mine using a VIDA from AliExpress. I think it was like $80 shipped and came with the program and device. Make sure you get the one with the multi-colored indicator lights (not all blue) and the green PCB board. From my research those, people said those are the best.
Thank you, i was looking at the ones on Ebay that go for 160, i guess ill go with the cheaper ones.
Looking forward to be able to do that ASAP.

So you got yours from ALI EXPRESS, ive never ordered stuff from there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I followed this thread for an '05 2.5T XC90. Worked perfect but couldn't get side markers off. Didn't try all combos as I was ok with just side markers when switch in "0" position.

I ordered the ebay item from seller computer_psycho. Supposedly theirs are made with better (green) boards but it was about $160.

I'm sure cheaper ones would work and others have stated so.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ohhh.. I want to turn it everything off, but still have the auto lights as an option.
Well, others in that thread had success doing so on other models. I just didn't spend that much time messing with it...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I want to use the Low beam as a trigger for the Relay harness which will power the HID retrofit i have planned.

I need to get the darn thing off even if the parking lamps stay on.

I guess i will have to order one of those since i have 2 volvos a V50 and XC90.

Does anyone know if this thing can download software and update?
I attempted to use the OEM volvo one but once we found the software it asked us for a log in which we did not have.

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts