SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving with the service engine on for about 3 months now. After about 10 min. it turns off.It souldn't hurt anything right??

The nearest volvo dealership is about 2 1/2 hour away from me.And I never have the time to take it in .Any good advice?

·
Registered
313 Posts
get the reset codes off volvospeed.com (think they have them) and reset it your self... the service light just is an oil change/service reminder. The 'check engine" light is what you have to watch out for.
Good luck,

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about driving around with the Lambda sensor light on? It's been about 3 weeks now. I don't notice any effects on the car, just haven't been able to find time to take it in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I finally brought my 850 into the Volvo dealership after about 3 or 4 months with the Check Engine light on. I was reluctant to do so because my dealership overcharges and half the time I bet they just make up problems with my car. They said that just for checking the Check Engine light costs a minimum of $144. I also had them replace my sideview mirror, fix my seat warmers, and fix my windshield fluid washer thingys. God only knows how much it's going to go cost...

-lenore

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good Lord!
My local guy only charges me $40 to check the check engine light. And as for the codes, I have watched my mechanic reset the service light multiple times on my 95, so unless my car is just a fluke, you don't need the tool.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well the estimate for my car's repairs came out to be $500+ so I just told them to fix the mirror and the engine. Apparently there was a big problem with the engine with faulty wires and stuff...my bad. Also, they found something wrong with my antennae. Whatever. Damn car...

-Lenore

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I got my car back today. Cost almost $300...apparently the Check Engine light was kind of series. Codes 1-2-1 and 1-3-1, something about replacing broken hoses. It seems kind of ridiculous to me that it took them an hour and 40 minutes to replace this $3 part. It also took them 30 minutes to snap a mirror back onto my car. As for my seat heaters, they had to replug the connector to the heaters. And that took them 45 minutes. They charge $75/hour for labor...is that normal? Or am I just getting duped? Damn car.

-lenore

1 - 11 of 11 Posts