SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have had this noise for a little while now. its kind of a fluttering noise, gains with speed but does not get louder. it does not go away while braking (but is masked with my slotted ebc rotors, the make a cool "zzzzz" noise like a zip tie kinda lol). it almost sounds like a dust shield but not really. i recently turned while in reverse and had to blip the throttle to get over a root from a tree and heard the elusive click from the cv... could that noise be coming from the cv?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Can you describe what "fluttering" sounds like or take a video? Sounds are hard to diagnose without hearing them- Are you feeling any vibrations through the floor or your steering wheel? Any sounds while turning @ full lock? If your CV joint was blown you would be able to tell by a visual inspection, typically the boot would tear.

·
Registered
484 Posts
well i have had this noise for a little while now. its kind of a fluttering noise, gains with speed but does not get louder. it does not go away while braking (but is masked with my slotted ebc rotors, the make a cool "zzzzz" noise like a zip tie kinda lol). it almost sounds like a dust shield but not really. i recently turned while in reverse and had to blip the throttle to get over a root from a tree and heard the elusive click from the cv... could that noise be coming from the cv?
That click could be one of your mounts going bad, or even a control arm bushing etc, its really hard to diagnose on internet. You need a visual inspection

1 - 4 of 4 Posts