SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello has anyone had to replace their driveshaft assy. because of to much play in bushing at center bearing?? 1600.00 list price here in Canada Mechanic used a pry bar and the shaft moved easily up and down at the bearing and you cannot service it...also right motor mount (lower by pulleys) gone..super soft but others are O.K. ordered the mount and thinking about the shaft. Have had a noise on full acceleration under floor pan passenger front and seems to be shaft touching the heat shields. Am hoping the engine mount may fix it but may be faced with replacing shaft. Maybe to much power now with IPD 4T4 kit along with full exhaust, downpipe, air filter and new tune which raises the redline to about 7500 thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
Had the same problem. Replaced the bearing myself. Partnumber for the bearing is VO 9181693
This bearing is for the passenger side front drive shaft. I thought the OP was talking about the propeller shaft from the angle gear in the front to the dem in the back.

·
Registered
675 Posts
They really don't fail just buy a used one

·
Registered
97 Posts
The rubber holding the center bearing in place absolutely does go bad, and lets the driveshaft bang all over. Coloradodriveshaft.com rebuilds them like new but I don't know how cost effective the shipping to Canada would be, especially with how weak the loonie is vs USD right now. Maybe you can find a local driveshaft shop that can do the same kind of job.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info about Colorado driveshaft..I will give them a call and see if I can work out something Bill

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mine blew out. Ended up buying the whole drive shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts