SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got that trouble since I bought my 2002 xc70 last summer and it is affecting only my driver's door window, the 3 others work perfectly.

When my car is turned on, I cannot control my window, it will go down and up at times but most of the time it won't work. I hear the noise within the switch in the door but it will not react, if I turn off the car and put the key to accessories it will go down and up freely without any trouble.

Previous owner advised me about that problem and has changed the windows switch module in the door. What could it be?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Has the module been programmed to the car? You can't just swap them out, they need to be configured to work with each car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has the module been programmed to the car? You can't just swap them out, they need to be configured to work with each car.
I can't say, previous owner had it replaced but I guess it has been programmed if the other windows work fine. I'll try pulling the fuses out to reset those buggy electronics. I wondered what else could be between the switch on the door and the window motor, if there's a module somewhere else or relays I could look for when I get some time to address this issue.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
could be electrical interference causing the can bus to go down, a bad ground or any number of things that fault the module when the engine is running.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had been in an accident and after putting the car back together the driver window wouldn't go down, car running or not. One day I got frustrated with it and held the button down while plugging the module back in and the window went down. I rolled it up and tried it again and it didn't work again so I did the same thing, held the button down and plugged in the module. It has been working ever since.

Try unplugging the module starting the car holding the button down and plugging in the module. Not saying it will work it just did for me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts