SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the forum, just had a question about my drivers side window. If my window is completely rolled down, when I roll it up (both switch positions 1 manual and 2 auto roll up) it will stop when it gets halfway up and return to the down position. After that I can roll it up only in position 1 manual, but it will go all the way up this time. I have searched the internet for this particular problem but most people have a problem with it going all the way up then returning closed. I have tried to reset it by the owners manual but no joy. It almost sounds like it is getting obstructed halfway up, it makes a minute popping noise then goes back down. Anyone had this problem?

Also, if it is getting obstructed, I want to take the door panel off and look but I am afraid the door panel wil not fit the same way ever again, past experience on other vehicles makes me believe this. Has anyone pulled their door panels? Any advice?

Thanks
-Nick

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've noticed my 2014 do the same thing randomly in the last couple months. I'll let my dealer look at it at the next service.

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Sounds like the electronic module for the door needs to be reset. Its an easy job for the dealer...

·
Registered
128 Posts
What V70 Brad said. I just did this the other day. Whenever you disconnect the battery you need to initialize the windows. Also, the settings sometimes gets lost for no reason at all. There is a procedure in the owner's manual you can follow but I like using DiCE/VIDA so you know that you've actually solved the problem and there are no stored DTCs. I just did this yesterday to my own car and it actually took me a few tries using VIDA to get the rear passenger side window to initialize properly as it kept throwing a code for the Passenger Door Module (PDM) but I think it had more to do with my own inexperience with VIDA than anything else.

If you're not hearing the popping every time the window travels completely up/down then I suspect you have an initialize window issue. If you hear a bad noise every time the window goes through its complete range of travel then I would think maybe window regulator or guide is on its way out. Your best bet is to do a fault trace with VIDA. Hopefully all it takes is to initialize the window position. If it's still funny after than then go to the next steps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate everyone's replies.

I actually do hear the noise even when the travels fully up, it pops about halfway. That being said, if it is a regulator or guide, has anyone had any personal experience replacing these components themselves? Since the car has been out of its warranty period I really don't like paying dealer prices for repairs I can do at home.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
my car is doing same thing..what is the quick fix..thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's in your owner's manual. This is what my manual says:

Resetting
If the battery has been disconnected, the auto open function must be reset so that it will work properly.
1. Gently raise the front section of the button to close the window and hold it for one second.
2. Release the button briefly.
3. Raise the front section of the button again for one second.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ok thanks!! ill try that!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Our passenger side window started doing this about 2 months ago. It would auto-reverse when doing the auto up or the manual up. It took three trips to the dealer to get it fixed. First they reprogrammed the PDM. When this didn't fix it, they adjusted and lubed the tracks. When this didn't fix it, they replaced the window motor and the rubber tracks/seals. That seems to have fixed it. Now our driver's door has randomly started doing it....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our passenger side window started doing this about 2 months ago. It would auto-reverse when doing the auto up or the manual up. It took three trips to the dealer to get it fixed. First they reprogrammed the PDM. When this didn't fix it, they adjusted and lubed the tracks. When this didn't fix it, they replaced the window motor and the rubber tracks/seals. That seems to have fixed it. Now our driver's door has randomly started doing it....
Sounds like I will be pulling the door panel off.

Need to get one of those VIDA DICE modules too. If I end up replacing parts I will detail the procedure and post for DIY reference.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts