SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,<P>I'm about to finally get around to the driver's side motor mount on my '85 245 (late, it already killed the radiator), anyone have any advice above and beyond the manuals?<P>cheers,<BR>scott<P>

·
Registered
5 Posts
I changed all three motor mounts in mine (88 240dl) all I did was set a 2x4 on a jack and jacked it up underneath the oil pan. I don,t know how safe that is but I only had to lift the moter about 3inches to change all the mounts (except the tranny mount) it is a ***** of a job but not too bad.<BR><P>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just changed mine out 2 weeks ago. If they are sheered apart like mine were, make sure you have access to a vice. All in all it was not a hard thing to do. The drivers side was more of a pain to do.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phlunkie:<BR><B>Just changed mine out 2 weeks ago. If they are sheered apart like mine were, make sure you have access to a vice. All in all it was not a hard thing to do. The drivers side was more of a pain to do.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>it wasn't horrible, easier than changing the air filter oddly enough (my first experience with the airbox on a LH Jetronic car - what a pain).<P>cheers,<BR>scott<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts