SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm about to finally get around to the driver's side motor mount on my '85 245 (late, it already killed the radiator), anyone have any advice above and beyond the manuals?

cheers,
scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
I changed all three motor mounts in mine (88 240dl) all I did was set a 2x4 on a jack and jacked it up underneath the oil pan. I don,t know how safe that is but I only had to lift the moter about 3inches to change all the mounts (except the tranny mount) it is a ***** of a job but not too bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just changed mine out 2 weeks ago. If they are sheered apart like mine were, make sure you have access to a vice. All in all it was not a hard thing to do. The drivers side was more of a pain to do.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by phlunkie:
Just changed mine out 2 weeks ago. If they are sheered apart like mine were, make sure you have access to a vice. All in all it was not a hard thing to do. The drivers side was more of a pain to do.
it wasn't horrible, easier than changing the air filter oddly enough (my first experience with the airbox on a LH Jetronic car - what a pain).

cheers,
scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts