SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the moose in to have what I thought was loose brake pads tightened up and came out with the directive that the driver's side driveshaft (P/N 8603882) needs to replaced. The write-up is this - "Found the LF axle pops in direction change. Check both front axle bolts and wheel bolts - all tight. Needs axle replacement to correct complain." I don't doubt that. My question is would this be covered under CPO warranty? Anyone else have to replace this?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have experience with ordering parts like this that have a core charge from online retailers? This has a $75 core charge. If I want the $75 core charge back, am I expected to ship the seller the old part? Any general experience with any vendors, or specific experience with Tasca? Tried calling them but they are closed (obviously...it's Sunday), but I'd like to pull the trigger today if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There was a tech on here that said there is a glue that can be applied to the splines in the hubs to quiet the "pop". I would try that first.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
FWIW, when i bought mine under CPO, I had a shudder under acceleration. The dealer replaced both front axles no questions asked. However, CPO is 7 yrs from in service date. You may be getting a little close to the end of that and should check quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts