SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed every few days when I'm driving and looking at my driver's side mirror that the mirror sometimes does not tilt back up to it's original position after being in reverse. At first I attributed it to the SO driving the vehicle and playing with the controls but I noticed that it seemed to be happening even when he hadn't driven the vehicle. Anyone else have a similar issue with their reverse auto tilt feature?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't had this issue, but there is another thread in this forum I've read where some are having trouble with the power folding mirrors ceasing to go back out to normal operating position. I realize it's not the same as you are describing, but I wonder if it's a related issue. Maybe do a search to find that other thread.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've noticed every few days when I'm driving and looking at my driver's side mirror that the mirror sometimes does not tilt back up to it's original position after being in reverse. At first I attributed it to the SO driving the vehicle and playing with the controls but I noticed that it seemed to be happening even when he hadn't driven the vehicle. Anyone else have a similar issue with their reverse auto tilt feature?
I can't really add much except that our 13 XC60 does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My passenger side mirror tilted down out of the blue one day and didn't return to normal until a half hour or so of me playing with it. It just so happened that my wife was driving at the time. This stopped her from ever driving it again and in that the event has only happened once since then, I consider it a win-win. The second/last time it occurred for less than ten minutes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I've had this problem. Like others I thought it was due to my SO changing the settings, but quickly proved this was not the case. I would have to use my memory settings each time I drove the car. I simply turned the tilt mirror in reverse function off.

It's clearly a glitch that I hope they correct with the next SW update.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It happened to me a few times (right side only) and my "tilt mirror in reverse" function is always off. Once it happened after my wife opened the passenger door. I am not sure what triggers it but I am monitoring.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
It happened to me a few times (right side only) and my "tilt mirror in reverse" function is always off. Once it happened after my wife opened the passenger door. I am not sure what triggers it but I am monitoring.
I know this is true on our XC60, and I think on the xc90 as well - but if you press the mirror adjust buttons while in reverse, it activates the function. It's caused all sort of headaches for our XC60 - my least favorite feature.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't use the auto-tilt down feature, but I do find that my mirrors occasionally will not go to their memory location when I hit the memory button. The seat moves, but the mirrors stay the same. I need to press and hold the memory button, and then they will move.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Same thing on my V60 P*. I have had it into the dealership for it and there is no fix. The workaround is to hit the memory seat button to return it to the correct position.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks all. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem and hope they come up with a solution on the XC90. I use the tilt-down feature as I have a pretty narrow driveway and I've yet to hit and damage my rim. Smacking my head right now in not just pressing the seat memory button after it fails to return to its original position. I've been resetting it manually and reprogramming the memory seat every time it happens thinking it wasn't saving the position.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah I have this same issue and while it's easy to work around by holding the seat memory button, it's a little confounding since my mirrors do return to almost the correct position just not exactly right. And it's weird there's no fix yet if it's been happening to older cars for a while. Don't see why it should be so difficult to just get it right.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mine does this too. Interestingly, I never had this problem on the 2012, but I do on the 2014--and it only has about 14,000 miles on it. It's been happening at least since the summer. Sometimes it'll return fully, other times it's most of the way, but not quite there. And sometimes it's only about halfway back up. When I notice it I usually just hold the seat memory button and it finishes.

I was thinking it may be a lubrication issue? Maybe the motor is encountering slight resistance, but doesn't realize it, and so it thinks it's completed its job?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
My XC60 loaner (2016) has the same issue where th mirror returns slightly lower - about a 1/2 second push on the up button fixes it. It only happens on my RH mirror but that is the only one where I use the feature. Should be a software fix.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Happened again for the first time since January. Then I discovered that if I turn the start engine knob to right without pressing the break (just to activate the system), the mirror tilts down. I am not sure if it is a new/old/random problem. Will continue to monitor.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the same issue on the driver side probably once or twice a week. Quick fix is to use your preset to get the mirror set to the desired position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't use the auto-tilt down feature, but I do find that my mirrors occasionally will not go to their memory location when I hit the memory button. The seat moves, but the mirrors stay the same. I need to press and hold the memory button, and then they will move.
Hey All,

Just trying to clear up some of my own confusion here. When I test drove a first edition last spring I did not like the Auto-Tilt Down feature. The dealership rep indicated that it was not required to be active, but as the vehicle was so new that she didn't know how to disable it yet herself. From gweempose's description, it does seem that she was at least telling the truth about that feature. Can any of you confirm that there is a simple way to turn the auto-tilt down feature off, and have it stay off on each re-start?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got this problem a few times recently and noticed that in each case it was sensus rebooting literally while the mirrors were adjusting back to their original position. Doesn't happen all the time though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey All,

Just trying to clear up some of my own confusion here. When I test drove a first edition last spring I did not like the Auto-Tilt Down feature. The dealership rep indicated that it was not required to be active, but as the vehicle was so new that she didn't know how to disable it yet herself. From gweempose's description, it does seem that she was at least telling the truth about that feature. Can any of you confirm that there is a simple way to turn the auto-tilt down feature off, and have it stay off on each re-start?

Thanks in advance!
Yup. It's on the settings screen. Tilt pax side, driver's side, or neither.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I got this problem a few times recently and noticed that in each case it was sensus rebooting literally while the mirrors were adjusting back to their original position. Doesn't happen all the time though.
Very interesting - it may be the case - I will test again - thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts