SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had drivers side mirror removed by white van. Obtained breaker replacement in excellent condition and fitted it. However all is not well. Mirror requires reset each time I unlock car. Once reset it stays in the correct position until I lock and then unlock and open the drivers door whereupon it moves towards the floor and then requires resetting before driving away. My v70 D5 2003 has a memory drivers seat, but not a memory passenger seat and I cannot ever remember the mirror moving on its own in the past so I assume that my car did not have a memory mirror function. If this is the case have I got the wrong mirror and how do you distinguish between memory and non memory mirrors? Would fitting a replacement memory mirror cause this to happen if the car was not originally equipped in this way? Does anybody out there have experience of such an issue with their car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very simple someone put on a non memory mirror on the side that is going crazy.
Thanks for your reply volvo 1924. This confirms my theory that I bought the wrong second hand mirror. As I need a memory mirror am I correct in assuming that if I take one from a v70 with a memory drivers seat I will then get a memory mirror. I did not ask this question when I replaced the mirror as I was in a hurry to sort it out and there seems to be no indication on the unit that it is memory or not.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had to replace my door with a salvage door (and mirror). I have memory mirrors and encountered the same issue as you are experiencing. Whenever I would enter the car, the mirror would point upward to the extent of the mirror movement meeting its limits and the gears 'popping' as the motor tried to continue to move the mirror. It only ever angled the mirror upward. I installed a switch on the door panel that allows me to keep the up/down ability of the mirror disabled unless I wish to move the mirror. Keeping the switch off stops the car from automatically adjusting the mirror. Once I'm in the car and I turn it on, if for any reason I wish to move the mirror up or down, I can depress the button and adjust the mirror, then depress the button once more to again disable the mirror. Make sense?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts