SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 T8 R-Design
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I need help removing the drivers side compartment. Has anyone done this by themselves?
Here a photo of what I’m trying to take out:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not sure about XC90, but at least on V90 there’s two T25 screws on the top inside of the compartment towards the front. The whole cubby also has three clips. Two along the bottom of the front bezel and another about 2” back along the centerline of the top of the cubby

·
Registered
228 Posts
Unrelated question, I am curious what is the box plugged in the OBD connector?
Thanks

2018 V90 CC T6 P*

·
Registered
2018 T8 R-Design
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s for my insurance, I pay by the mile so it’s tracked thru the ob.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Why do you want to remove it? Just curious. Would think it’d look strange. Would you just not keep anything in there? Coins, pens, etc.?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Of course you can put whatever you like in it, but I believe it a for (sun)glasses, hence the soft interior material.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Of course you can put whatever you like in it, but I believe it a for (sun)glasses, hence the soft interior material.
Basically my first sentence is what I was curious about. Forget the rest. I was merely wondering why someone would want a cut out space by removing the door. It would look strange I would think. I know I can put what I want inside.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great!
Since some owners don't seem to know that these cars have a sunglass holder,
I thougt it might be useful to share it. Isn't that what forums are for?
Didn’t mean to come across abrasive. Yes, they are. I’m just curious why someone would want to take off the door/cover to leave an open space in the area. Was hoping the OP or someone else who has maybe done it would share their rationale as to why they wanted to remove it. I’m trying to picture it and it would just look strange.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Take it out because something flat may have slided inside... ?
Just thinking

2018 V90 CC T6 P*

·
Registered
2018 T8 R-Design
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why do you want to remove it? Just curious. Would think it’d look strange. Would you just not keep anything in there? Coins, pens, etc.?
Do not put coins in there, they will fall between and cracks and get stuck.Coins are the reason I had to remove in the first place.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you tow a trailer and need to put in a wired brake controller head unit, that is a reachable and out of sight spot for the install. I considered it before going with a wireless brake controller with the handheld unit mounted on an ac vent while towing. I believe others have done this too.

Of course no idea about the original poster's plan, but this is a possible reason to remove the cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts