SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue with the driver's seat clicking/clunking during acceleration. One can also feel the clunk/click through the seat as well. I have the momentum seats. Brought it into the dealer and there is some flex in the seat which they think say designed to be that way and did not offer a fix. This sensation/sound goes beyond just the normal flex designed into the seat and the WHIPS system. It does not feel correct and was not something the car did when originally purchased. It almost feels like the seat is loose on the tracks , but it is not shifting as far as I can tell. Any thoughts on what it could be? Anyone else with a similar problem?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't have that personally, Momentum as well. Ask your dealer to recreate it in another Momentum model if they're so sure it's a feature.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have an Inscription and have noticed a single click/clunk from the back of the driver seat when entering the vehicle. It showed up once the cold weather arrived.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine occurs during acceleration. It feels almost like the seat is loose but it is not. when the click occurs you can feel it through the seat. The dealer checked the other cars on the lot do have some flex built into their seats, but this specific sound/sensation only occurs under load during acceleration in my car and goes beyond just the flex built into the car seat.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Not an XC90, but a 2015.6 XC60, mine does this too.

Has done it since we received it in any weather.

If I push on one side of the seat, then the other, its reproducible.

EDIT : I'm not obese at all, normal bmi, and 5'9"

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine occurs during acceleration. It feels almost like the seat is loose but it is not. when the click occurs you can feel it through the seat. The dealer checked the other cars on the lot do have some flex built into their seats, but this specific sound/sensation only occurs under load during acceleration in my car and goes beyond just the flex built into the car seat.
I don't mean to ask the obvious or seem rude, but are you obese, overweight and/or big and tall?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am 5'10 (178cm) and weigh 240lbs (109kg). I wouldnt expect my height and weight to be out of spec for the seat, but who knows.Never had this problem in any other car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts