SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post was just made by a Volvo employee on the 'official' Volvo forum: http://support.volvocars.com/forum/topic158-estimated-date-for-drivers-profile-update.aspx

Hi,
The driver profile functionality will be part of the launch of the S90 and MY17 XC90. It will be available for MY16 XC90 at this time as well.

--
Topic Expert - Sensus, Navigation, CarPlay, XC90 Courtesy Upgrade

So it's pretty much confirmed that we will see it eventually after the 2017 XC90's and 2017 S90's are released.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When do MY17 XC90's begin production?
That info has not been released by Volvo, but in general model years usually come out Sept-Oct time frame. Of course, it can be earlier or later than that for a many number of reasons so they would be guesses when exactly the 2017 XC90 is coming out right now, unless Volvo steps in and tells us.

·
Registered
559 Posts
That info has not been released by Volvo, but in general model years usually come out Sept-Oct time frame. Of course, it can be earlier or later than that for a many number of reasons so they would be guesses when exactly the 2017 XC90 is coming out right now, unless Volvo steps in and tells us.
Well, usually by Sept/Oct the cars are already at the dealerships and ready to sell. So production presumably starts 2-3 months earlier so I'd guess in the June/July timeframe.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, usually by Sept/Oct the cars are already at the dealerships and ready to sell. So production presumably starts 2-3 months earlier so I'd guess in the June/July timeframe.
Yes, that is why I said come out Sept-Oct time frame, meaning that is when they hit dealerships. Production can generally start 1-3 months before that depending on manufacturer but of course that too is not written in stone.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another update on the Volvo forum from Volvo, expect availability of the driver profile May to June 2016 timeframe. Exact timing will be announced at a later date.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
so will the MY15 vehicles never get this?
or will it be available in a software update?
it seems like something software could fix.
There are no MY15 XC90's. The first gen are MY16 - and they will be updated to include next Sprint/Early Summer as reported upthread.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Wow, my 2006 Acura had most of that capability. We certainly have come a long way.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wow, my 2006 Acura had most of that capability. We certainly have come a long way.
True and sad at the same time. One of the very few things that disappoint me about this car is that simple technology available to cars that came out 5-10 years prior is not available at the moment. Only saving grace is that it is scheduled to come soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts