SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently took my 1998 V70 R into the shop to get my condenser replaced, when I picked up my car and put on my regular crusing tunes, I noticed my two front speakers were lacking hi-range sound. I was wondering if there is something in the dash they could have broken that would cause this?

I immediately contacted my volvo dealer and told them what happened, they're going to check into it on monday.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Condenser is at the front of the car in front of the radiator, are you sure you don't mean evaporator?

When doing the evaporator, the tweeters don't need to be touched at all. They stay plugged into the dash harness, without even being removed. If they were removed, it was by an inexperienced mechanic.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
The tweeters are sometimes driven off the head unit, it'd be easy to forget to put the second plug back in. If they removed your stereo or any of the upper dash they might have left it unplugged. It's very easy to slide the stereo out and check.

Also did you make sure they didn't just tweak the audio and turn the treble down by accident, bumping the knobs? If you can't tell if the speakers are working or not, put your hand over one and then take it away. It should be obvious then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts