SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to say I'm getting to be one of those old F _ _ _ s who forget to turn of turn signal after changing lanes on the interstate. My navigator is getting me to use just the temporary change signal. Passenger side works great but occasionally I can't get the driver's side to engage (only occasionally!) Doing something wrong. any tricks or bad switch?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Switch

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Could very well be the switch... that said it is a quite delicate touch required: took me a few weeks to burn the right amount of force into muscle memory

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Could very well be the switch... that said it is a quite delicate touch required: took me a few weeks to burn the right amount of force into muscle memory
Yep...the difference between the C70 and our FIAT L is considerable...and the FIAT goes for FIVE blips instead of three(when the deft touch for lane-change is used).

I've found a "catch point" when using the lane-change touch and turning the wheel a bit...like they are fighting each other(one to signal, the other to re-set I reckon). Feels like something would break if you forced it---so I don't.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I noticed and read about the temporary signal shortly after I got my ‘13 almost 2 years ago. I don’t think I’ve owned any other car where the temporary timing is as long. It’s a great convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Didn’t realize how much I use the lane changer until I had to drive a loaner that didn’t have it... only thing worse is switching between my keyless 60 to non-keyless 70: keep jarring my wrist trying to open the door of the convertible, but even that reminder is not enough to stop me sitting down in it and looking for a button to push before realizing the key is in my jeans pocket

·
Registered
56 Posts
Didn’t realize how much I use the lane changer until I had to drive a loaner that didn’t have it... only thing worse is switching between my keyless 60 to non-keyless 70: keep jarring my wrist trying to open the door of the convertible, but even that reminder is not enough to stop me sitting down in it and looking for a button to push before realizing the key is in my jeans pocket
I can totally relate to this comment -- The one that has got me several times is moving around the two C70's - get in the older one and spend a few minutes trying to figure out why it won't start until I realize it will never start with the key from the newer one.. DOH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts