SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the mount tabs on the driver's side under the dash(the piece directly under the steering column) is broken. I have the very very bottom piece removed above the pedals and there really isn't enough room to actually repair these broken plastic tabs. I found threads on how to remove the upper dash part, but nothing for this particular section. If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
besides the actual kick panel, meaning the lowest part with a vent for hot air, and that goes around the bonnet/hood release lever, the lower part of the dash is actually a part of the dash, not on itself removable. removing the dash isnt as massive a job as one might think, but maybe not worth it in your case... assuming we are talking about the same panel, attached with three torx25 screws at the top?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it has 3 spots for torx screws... I outlined it with red in this photo. The vinyl is also coming off in the corner too, so I was hoping to fix that also.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
sorry man, as far as I know, to get that part out, you need to take the whole dash out. not more work than removing the steering wheel, unscrewing 4 screws in the cabin, and 5 in the engine bay (or to be precise, under the black plastik surrounding the windscreen wipers) and unplugging everything. can be a bitch to get everything placed right after, but all it takes is time.

oh, I dunno how you do it with the AC. only done it on cars without.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Two of my screw holes were rotted out so I fabed some thicker aluminum and epoxied it to the lower dash, tapped some holes in it and I'm back in business. I got the aluminum from an old license plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts