SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a problem central locking the car with the remote key. All doors lock accept the drivers door. There seems to be sounds of double clicking as if it whats to lock then button stays up. Also cannot lock the driver door when inside.

The only way I am able to lock the driver side is by jumping out the car through the front passenger door. Then with the passenger door window still open I press the lock botton on the inside of the front passenger door. All doors lock including the driver side and then all the windows go up. So I know the lock is fine on the driver side and a bit weird that it locks this way. Seems like the mechanisms to lock are working.

Any ideas on how I can operate normally?

By the way when I press the unlock button on the remote key when coming back after locking the car that way it does unlock all doors fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Door lock actuator motor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have not touched a thing as yet. I thought that if it is locking all doors from the front passenger side the motor would be fine. Could it still be a problem even though this is occurring?

One thing that I do have on the messages display is that my right passenger door is open although physically it is close and am able to even lock it. Could this prevent me locking the driver side.

The other thing I just noticed is that central locking is not being activated from the remote. If I push it nothing happens however I can use it to unlock all doors when approaching the vehicle being locked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts