SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SS folks!

I'm finally leaving the dirty south for good! It feels great knowing that I'm leaving this dump after 6 long years. They can keep their Piggly Wigglys and trailer parks!

So my question is should I take my VR to Maryland? I will be in the Edgwood area and would like some feedback on the area as far as road condition, weather, crime, and dealer service.

I will be there for approx. 9 months. until a new assignment comes up.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I would bring it. Plenty of VR owners up this way.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
MD roads are pretty decent compared to lets say PA :D

The only rough road you may hit will be in Baltimore or Washington DC but from the looks of it Edgewood is northern most MD.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Having spent the last four years in MD I would say bring your R. Some roads are bad, some are good. some places have bad crime, some don't. So far in the almost three years I have had my R no one has messed with it that I know of. Oh, and I know a couple of decent wheel repair places if you do bend a wheel!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Coming from someone that drives in Nj and Philly often, Maryland roads are amazing! It feels like every road has just been paved. Just stay away from Baltimore like all cities the roads are far from pristine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You'll be living SUPER CLOSE to me. Unfortunately, I don't drive an R. Actually, I don't even drive. Haha, just a 16 year old fan. But recently, a 04 S60R was sold in Aberdeen (about 10 minutes from Edgewood) maybe the owner is on the forum somewhere!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got settled in to Edgewood, MD and the only issues on the road was the Baltimore traffic and rough roads.

Now I have to find a Volvo dealer for an oil change and stuff.

Any recommendations??

Thanks,

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I normally change the oil in my cars but since all my stuff is in storage I'm in a tight spot. I dug into storage looking for the oil filter wrench before I came out here but couldn't find it.

Looks like I'm ordering another oil filter wrench...

Thanks for the motivation ; )

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Yea, I avoid driving in Baltimore at all cost (traffic, idiots and crappy roads) I usually just drive to a light rail stop and hope on that to get to Baltimore.

Hope your liking Maryland so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.