SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be worth creating a thread for S60/V60 Drive-E owners to post as they accumulate miles and let the community know how things are going with the new drive train. For the sake of simplicity I'd suggest the following format:
-Year, model, and variant (T5e, T6e, and eventually I hope we'll be able to include AWD/FWD)
-Total miles to date
-Any major drivetrain-related problems experienced so far and resolution if there was one.
-Any minor problems/annoyances/curiosities associated with the drivetrain (you can be the judge of what's "major") and/or any other musings that you feel like sharing.

Mine for today:
-2015.5 S60 T5e
-6900mi
-Nothing so far that I would classify as a "problem"
-Curiosities include the occasional loud click (maybe wastegate?) upon sudden moderate to hard acceleration, and I've also noticed a sort of clicking or popping sound most of the time when I come to a complete stop which could be associated with the transmission going into neutral or the brake-hold feature taking effect (both of which happen at exactly the same time). No resolution but I'll be mentioning it to the dealer next time I have occasion to bring it in. After a year I'm still really happy with the way the car drives and performs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
2016 V60 drive-e Platnium.
5xxx miles.
No issues other than my snow tires are loud.
Loving it so far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
2015 V60 T5e Premier Plus
25,734 miles
Had start/stop issue that required the battery to be replaced. Took the dealer a while to figure it all out.
We've never seen above 32 MPG highway. While still happy, that's a long way from the 37 MPG advertised.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
2015 V60 drive-e Platinum.
10,xxx miles.
3 or 4 times shifting first thing in the morning from R to D there is a lag--not worried about it.
36.3 (trip computer) mpg on road trip from Tampa to TN--car was full of mountain fruit/veggies on the way back--burned 87, around town is 89. The moon roof tilt seldom closes the first time, will second or third time--not worried and will get it checked out next service.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
No problems thus far with the power train in either of my two 2015.5 V60s, one with 16K and the other with 11K miles on the clock. I would seem to be in that silent majority of Drive-E owners who really love the new T5 engine and 8-speed tranny. Now if VCC would only do something about the on-going issues with Sensus Connect, which after 22 months still remain unresolved, I could be a totally happy camper. See my latest woes at http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?269002-Audio-Issue&p=2991450&viewfull=1#post2991450

·
Registered
150 Posts
20,000 miles Drive-E t5
low oil light. repared by dealer
low coolant, topped off and is OK
top mileage about 37...flat at 68 mph

Love the car

·
Registered
128 Posts
2015 V60 T5 Drive-E Platinum.
13,500 miles
No issues whatsoever ! Regularly see 32 mpg highway, some long trips have seen 35+. Engine has also opened up with mileage "break-in" and slightly more peppy than before.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2015 V60 T5 Drive-E Premier Plus
24,000 miles
32 avg mpg
Engine coolant has had to be topped off a few times. Very concerning brake issue (noted in a prior thread), which was hopefully fixed last week. Like the OP, I experienced the clicking sound with moderate-to-hard acceleration. Dealer said a software update was needed that would address the clicking sound (and probably the brake issue). I've driven appx 100 miles since picking up the car at the dealership last week and have yet to hear the clicking sound again. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2015 S60 T5 FWD
10,500 miles
No major problems
Failed O2 sensor, or input hose to sensor. Both replaced.
No oddities observed (e.g. "clicking sounds", dash lights, etc.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Around 12,000 miles on my V60.
Had 2 oil changes (1 by myself, 1 by dealer). Might had consumed 0.5L of oil during first 5,000 miles or could be filled this way from the factory.
No problems except very occasional freezing of Volvo apps, could be user error.
Highest MPG observed recently - 39mph on 170 mile trip, cruise control @ 67mph, 93 octane gas.

·
Registered
329 Posts
2015 S60 T5-e (FWD)
19,900 miles
low coolant (topped off)
low oil after about 7000 miles (topped off)
increasing and substantial wind noise from about 15,000 miles to present (unresolved)
mid/high 30s mpg attainable on flat highway terrain

Overall still happy with the car but this wind noise issue needs to get fixed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
2015 V60 T5-E
32,000 Miles
Low coolant
Low Oil
Squeak in waterfall
Warped front rotors
All repaired/replaced under warranty

Aftermarket wheels/tires at 20k: Sparco Pro Corsa wrapped in Pilot Sport A/S 3 (235/40/R18)
IPD Rear sway bar
Tinted windows
Moose Badge

Best mileage was 32mpg on a trip from KY to Chicago at 75mph without ECO mode activated

Spring 2016 should bring the Polestar tune

·
Registered
95 Posts
2015.5 V-60 Premier
18,500 miles

drivers leather seat bolster had premature wear (warranty)
shift knob got cracked (warranty)
drivers mirror "stutters" when engaged in reverse (no big deal)
headliner has no "support structure" and feels flimsy around interior lighting

Averaging 32/33 mpg mixed driving (highway can see 37+)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
seems reliable engine....One remark,i see several times coollant topped....are there any headgaskes issues?
Nop. Seems like a common occurrence that happens only once early on.
Happened to my T5 5-Cylinder and never dropped again.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
seems reliable engine....One remark,i see several times coollant topped....are there any headgaskes issues?
None that I have seen posted here. Had to top off coolant once at 66k miles. Still holding steady, 3k later.

·
Registered
86 Posts
2016 T5-e with ~4k miles - no problems yet.

It seems that periodically when resuming from engine-off mode during an auto-stop, the brakes seem to be lightly engaged - can anyone confirm if this is some kind of an auto-braking feature of some kind?

·
Registered
137 Posts
2015½ V60 T5 Drive E
5900 miles
Average mpg is 30.1 right now.
Mainly small town driving daily work commute

I once got 41 mpg headed downhill from Asheville (must have had a tailwind!)

on many other total highway drives I get 37-38mpg reliably

My favorite thing is how few times I have to fill 'er up with premium.

LOVE the technology, no troubles, nav maps update took forever.

She is solid, trouble free and safe.

One little thing is that I had an oil change very early on at the speedylube place....and after that the service reminder became insistent.
Took it to the dealer and he rest the error in like 10 seconds...
Apparently there's a "procedure" to follow post oil change that is some big secret....:confused:
Anyway...

Greg

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2016 T5-e with ~4k miles - no problems yet.

It seems that periodically when resuming from engine-off mode during an auto-stop, the brakes seem to be lightly engaged - can anyone confirm if this is some kind of an auto-braking feature of some kind?
I'm actually surprised to hear that you only experience that "periodically." Every single time I come to a complete stop, regardless of whether start/stop is active, the brakes seem to remain engaged until I put my foot on the accelerator or 2-4 seconds have passed. It's an odd sensation but I guess I've gotten used to it. I had assumed that this was to keep the car from rolling back since either a) the engine is turned off when at a stop or b) the transmission drops into neutral at a stop while the engine idles. The only time I don't experience that is in sport mode. Sport disengages start/stop as well as stop-neutral, which I'm guessing is why it turns off brake hold as well.

There's one related oddity that I forgot to mention in my first post: most times that I stop and start/stop is turned off (i.e., the engine keeps on idling) the level of vibration from the engine seems to increase and decrease a couple of times before it subsides completely into what I assume is stop-neutral. Once in a great while it drops cleanly into neutral without any of that but most times not. Would you all consider that normal or abnormal?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts