SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rubber on the drip moldings on both sides of my 04VR are dried, cracking, and falling apart. Time for replacement.

Does anyone know:
1. Are the drip moldings the same for the T5's and other P2's? The part numbers look like they'd be universal
2. Anyone know of a good price? Most places want $100 a side. I'm emailed a few dismantlers but so far no luck.
3. If I find a molding for a non-roof rack model can I cut them to fit?

Here's the part, for reference. They come painted from the factory, as best as I can tell:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
dont see why a p2 v70 wouldnt work. So long as your car isn't flash green you shouldnt have a problem ordering color matched ones from tasca. Its a pretty common problem so i'm not sure why you would want to buy used ones.

Mine have been begging for replacement for over 2 years now. I'll get to it sooner or later.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
All P2s are the same

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I have a question too - Does anyone know what part #10 is called? I need to replace those on both sides and I can't seem to find the right diagram with part names.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have a question too - Does anyone know what part #10 is called? I need to replace those on both sides and I can't seem to find the right diagram with part names.
Just go to your local dealer and point them out to the parts guy. They're super cheap, I just replaced mine a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont see why a p2 v70 wouldnt work. So long as your car isn't flash green you shouldnt have a problem ordering color matched ones from tasca. Its a pretty common problem so i'm not sure why you would want to buy used ones.

Mine have been begging for replacement for over 2 years now. I'll get to it sooner or later.
To save money. A new set is $200 plus shipping, a used set in decent shape should be more like $40.

Thanks JRL, that's helpful to know.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Augh, those things are so dried and crumbly on my car!! Must replace soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts