SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed drilled and slotted rotors on the wife's XC90 V8 R-Design. She is happy with them and the old rotors needed replacing. They were causing a little vibration when braking. I went ahead and replaced the brake lines with stainless steel, rotors, and brake pads. The parking brake pads looked fine, no delamination and plenty of thickness.

The install was time consuming, partly because I used my brothers tools and his garage. But overall it took about 10 hours. I also broke the bolt that holds the rotor on the front/left wheel. I was trying to break torque and it snapped off. I drilled it out but I need to get the rest of it out with a tap, but I was able to get the rotors replaced with no other issue.

Not having done this task before it was fairly simple.

I didn't take pictures... Sorry.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I just installed drilled and slotted rotors on the wife's XC90 V8 R-Design. She is happy with them and the old rotors needed replacing. They were causing a little vibration when braking. I went ahead and replaced the brake lines with stainless steel, rotors, and brake pads. The parking brake pads looked fine, no delamination and plenty of thickness.

The install was time consuming, partly because I used my brothers tools and his garage. But overall it took about 10 hours. I also broke the bolt that holds the rotor on the front/left wheel. I was trying to break torque and it snapped off. I drilled it out but I need to get the rest of it out with a tap, but I was able to get the rotors replaced with no other issue.

Not having done this task before it was fairly simple.

I didn't take pictures... Sorry.
Good luck with the drilled rotors, they may be a better grade of metal than volvo used, but pad material (especially ceramic) is highly abrasive. Asbestos used to make rotors last much longer.

P

1 - 2 of 2 Posts