SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a minor accident when passing by car scraped my right front wheel. Rim was slighly scratched but still got replaced with a new one. After the accident felt that car started drifting to the right side, thus asked the dealer for wheel re-alignment, but nothing has changed. Visited another shop and they confirmed alignment is perfect.
Where is the problem then? Tyres are new, inflation is equal. Can feel the drift at the city speeds already

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Alignments are static, so slightly bent control arms, tie rods, etc can often be adjusted to spec.

Driving is dynamic, which magnifies distortions in bent suspension components.

If it's still pulling and the alignment passed, something is likely bent. My guess is a tie rod, but it could be serious, like the suspension rack.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
Have a tire shop look for uneven tire wear. I had this issue recently with my xc90. I took it to two alignment shops who both said it was aligned just fine. After the second time I went to get a tire rotation. The shop said one of the front tires had more wear. After moving the tire to the rear axle, the pull went away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts