·
Registered
897 Posts
Looks pretty clean. Welcome to the club :thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks,glad I found the site. It is a clean car. The feel pretty fortunate to have found one with a great maintenance record and zero mods. I plan to use the heatgun method to get the black trim back into shape. Biggest issue at the moment is its over due for timing belt service. But that need helped me negotiate a better deal. 123 thou on odometer.
It's an automatic w/ Gobi interior.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Update your location!

·
Registered
911 Posts
The four door version of my car. Welcome to the club.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Thanks,glad I found the site. It is a clean car. The feel pretty fortunate to have found one with a great maintenance record and zero mods. I plan to use the heatgun method to get the black trim back into shape. Biggest issue at the moment is its over due for timing belt service. But that need helped me negotiate a better deal. 123 thou on odometer.
It's an automatic w/ Gobi interior.
Get that TB service done ASAP. You are past due++.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?236570-Best-place-to-buy-timing-belt-shocks-struts
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-Replacement&p=2381859&viewfull=1#post2381859

·
Registered
353 Posts
Long live 04......Welcome

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
I plan to use the heatgun method to get the black trim back into shape.
For the trim, I would recommend using Griot's Rubber Trim Prep to clean the trim and then Forever Black Trim Dye to bring the trim back to life. I've posted my before, during, after photos a number of times around here. It really makes the trim pop.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Get that timing belt changed now. It's already at least 18 months overdue. And 3k miles. That's the definition of playing with fire.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree that the TB service is over due. It's not my daily driver. Until TB service is complete and 0 stage is done, she will sit a bit. I'm on 7-12's at the moment anyway, got no time to do much.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My god, he said it was overdue in the original post. Too many John Madden's in here. :deadhorse:

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
My god, he said it was overdue in the original post. Too many John Madden's in here. :deadhorse:
Yeah, but it's overdue. ;) :p

I think what we're trying to express is the severity of letting this service be further delayed and worrying that maybe he didn't know how critical it was (it seems now that he is aware). It's really risky since people have had their belt fail or nearly fail when they were a lot less behind on the service. No one was trying to beat him up, just making sure he's not DD'ing it thinking he'll get around to the TB when he gets around to it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm not to worried, I drove it home and parked it. BTW do yal think the TB service is overdue?:D

Hey darkcrime, how's that obx catless dp treating the car? I'm also interested in that tune of yours.
I got the caR well below market. As soon as the regular maintenance is up to snuff imma be bolting som mods on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The tune and dp are great, however; with your overdue services, I would.... lol, kidding.

Honestly, the tune is incredible. Being an auto, getting rid of the 1, 2 limiter was great. the car runs great. The downpipe is good as well, it was rattling until I had my buddy put it on a lift and get it taken care of. All is well though. The sound is nice, if it was louder it'd be nice.

That's awesome you got a great deal on the car. I have some maintenance things to do sooner than later, Not looking forward to doing it $$$ wise, but I want to get the car running 100% again.

Any pics of the interior?

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts