SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R is undergoing some pretty major changes right now. One of the things I was to share and suggest to those of you who frequent a dyno is a DP mod.<p>Every DP should have a O2 censor in it. Most are a PITA to get to easily. Recently I had another spot put on mine [DP] where another O2 censor could be easliy gotten to and used for a Y band on the dyno for A/F ratios. It might be a good idea to get this done before you mount it on the car. A "plug" can easily be put on it and this should not cost more than 50 bucks tops. The plug comes off with an allen wrench and is metal and goes in a threaded hole. Just makes life much better when you need to get to it. If you are just going to do a DP/exhaust/chip and never dyno it then prolly doesn't matter but if you are going to do any tinkering then it is worth it IMO. I think some of the aftermarket should consider this addition to their offerings. Anyways, just a thought; something I have not seen posted here before and lately it seems as if people are looking for new "material".<p> It would also be good to have this if you plan on getting an A/F gauge.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: DP mod (R_Rated)

Last year I bought a used Ferrita downpipe for my S70T5 and this downpipe came with 3 O2 connections. 2 open and one plugged.<br>Later on I wanted to install the wideband and it turned out the plug was locked, no way to get it out. Needed to remove the downpipe from the car again to get it out without damaging the thread...<br>It was a brass plug btw.<p>With my 850 I used a 3" Ferrita downpipe which came from my former S60T5. The S60 uses 2 O2 sensors, the 850T5 only one so I plugged the rear connection with an old O2 sensor. After more than 2 years it still was easy to remove.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts