SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a good downpipe that will give me sound and some performance, for a 1998 C70... please help me! websites, places anything! Thanks

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
If you just want sound, that's almost a waste of money. I think it's got more bang for the bucks if you look at the performance aspect.

Any exhaust pipe fabrication shop can custom build one for you. Preferably mandrel bent pipe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF....gesh

Kai how much $bling$ we talking about here? preferrably not whole exhaust just a downpipe...Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do you already have a cat back exhaust? If not, then get that first... that will give you some sound, and performance. Have you looked at volvotuning.com ? they have a parts database.....

Pete

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Do your cat back first. You are looking about $350 to get just downpipe custom made. Could be cheaper if you are looking for something less than 3 inch. No mandrel bend will be even cheaper, for 3 inch...custom will probably be cheaper. But why bother with 3 inch when rest of your system will only have 2.5 inch?

FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF...ohhh..that 80's movie. Didn't really remember much of it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by C70 MATT:
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?
You waited 1hour 12min. You should wait at least a day for everyone to respond becasue we can't always be there when you want, some of us have lives outside the internet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quote:

Originally posted by 745TRBOBRK:
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?
You waited 1hour 12min. You should wait at least a day for everyone to respond becasue we can't always be there when you want, some of us have lives outside the internet.

I come from a board TEXASRACINGSCENE.COM where if there isn't a response in 4mins you are like WTF? so sorry i'm a newbie here! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Whats wrong with movies from the 80s? I love FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF.
LoL...nothing, just couldn't remember much of that movie.
Except for that music. I remember, they used to use that same music, during the clip where Ferris was rushing his way home (or maybe another scene), for Twix commercial ad back in Taiwan years ago. Or was that another chocolate commercial...?

Wait, maybe I do remember a lot about the movie.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

I come from a board TEXASRACINGSCENE.COM where if there isn't a response in 4mins you are like WTF? so sorry i'm a newbie here! Thanks guys!
Hehehe...this is more like volvochattingscene.com.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
C70 MATT,

You might try posting your questions at the C70 forums section at Swedespeed, since it is specific to the C70, and you might get more responses that way as well.

-Drew

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey Matt,
I'm in Houston and can probably get you hooked up with someone here who can do a 3" custom downpipe for your Volvo. Let me know if you're interested, we can talk on the phone or something.

Carlos

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

You should wait at least a day for everyone to respond becasue we can't always be there when you want, some of us have lives outside the internet.
Now you know that's not true!

But really there aren't that many people here. 1200+ members is not many when you look at VWvortex which has 49,472 registered members. Over there you get responses in no time because there's always 100+ people on the site at any given time (176 right this minute). At this site, the "record" for most people to be on the site at one time is 22, and most of the time there's less than 10.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts