SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I got a shop to install my downpipe, Sounds great, except now whenever I step on it I keep hearing a metal on metal sound. Anyone know whats going on?. Could it be they tightened up the exhaust to tight and it needs to be lowered.

Car is a fwd 2.4t

Thanks

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
the only way to know is going to your shop and check. It can be the dp hitting around, etc.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Define a "metal on metal" sound... Is it like a "thunk" like metal is hitting other metal? Or is it more of a metal vibration sound?

If it's metal hitting metal it could very well be that it's not hooked up to hangers right. Not to mention there is a metal bracket that bolts to the subframe that the hangers connect to that may be loose.

A metal vibration would probably be a heat shield problem.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vibration dont hear it too bad when driving slowly but as soon as you step on it you can tell somethings not right. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im thinking its a bad hanger mount, i'll have him take a look, thanks again man

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Check your motor mounts too. If its vibrating, the block is moving too much when its producing torque.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only started happening after the downpipe was installed but anything is possible thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
check for the DP support rubbing against the heat shields. If you used a OBX pipe this is common.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts