SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a downpipe from viva performance. Currently I am running a stock tune with an OBX catback, snabb intake, forge cbv, upgraded vac lines. Planning on purchasing a Hilton stage 2 in the future. Just read on here the replacing your downpipe while running a stock tune can damage the turbo? Any truth in this? I am aware of the possibilities of a CEL with a catless DP and even a high flow cat. Car is an 07 Sr A/T (yes I know)

·
2,521 Posts
Huh? First time I've ever heard that. I've had my IPD catback and IPD downpipe combo for almost 2 years on stock tune b4 I got my Hilton stg2, creating no problems with the turbo. I mean what could happen anyway, it increases flow. If anything, the extra boost requested in a tune could cause problems with the turbo

·
2,521 Posts
Off topic, but what do you think about your stage 2? What besides stage 0 did you do go prepare?
I love it. I got the 4C maps since I dont want to speed around in the city as much. Hilton is very supportive, he's kind of dominating the tune scene for these caRs now. I did all bolt ons and stage 0 before I got the tune

·
2,521 Posts
Yea, look at my signature or build thread

·
2,521 Posts
Just read about 9 pages of your build thread. Aaaaaand I'm in love. Goals.
Thanks hah. I havent really done anything "hardcore" with it yet but we'll see nxt year. But I would get that fmic in there b4 the tune, Snabb kit if I could recommend.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
From what I've researched, the issue was mainly with manual transmission cars. There could be boost spikes between shifts with the stock tune that could cause damage.

·
Registered
675 Posts
An R isn't a Subaru you can run a stock tune with mods, the ecu learns

Also the exhaust note does change with a dp and stock catback

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
I've been on a stock tune and a full exhaust for quite a while. No issues....you know, other than still having a stock tune :(

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
You may get some boost spikes and it'll throw the computer into limp mode. I wouldn't do WOT pulls one after another with a full exhaust and intercooler and stuff without doing a tune as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You may get some boost spikes and it'll throw the computer into limp mode. I wouldn't do WOT pulls one after another with a full exhaust and intercooler and stuff without doing a tune as well.
So actually that might explain my problem, I have a full 3in exhaust with an OBX catless and Borla muffler, 2.5in fmic and I am getting some boost spikes when coming to a stop at a light or something. Mhm....

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Before I got the tune, I was running the est dp with ipd oval.

No problems whatsoever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts