SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to make a push soon to get my downpipe and start making her fast . Should I go with a Becker 3” or obx 3” both are price at $250

·
Registered
986 Posts
I like my catless Yother downpipe. CJ is a crazy good welder! If you don’t mind the check engine light the catless isn’t very expensive and the quality it very good.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will a Hilton stage 2 clean that lights up? I’ll fail emissions if it’s on . Or could I use a o2 spacer
I like my catless Yother downpipe. CJ is a crazy good welder! If you don’t mind the check engine light the catless isn’t very expensive and the quality it very good.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
17,295 Posts
Will a Hilton stage 2 clean that lights up? I’ll fail emissions if it’s on . Or could I use a o2 spacer
No. Run a high flow cat.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I ran a catless on mine and couldnt stand the fumes. Welded in a Magnaflow Hi-Flow cat and couldnt tell any difference is power/noise. Took care of the fumes as well.

If your going Hilton - Check with 8Eight Fab on face book. I think you get like 15% off a tune if you get one of his downpipes.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes there is an option to say you have a cat delete and it will disable the p0420 code.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will that allow me to pass emissions for my state or jus remove the code so I don’t see it .. in other words would they be able to see the code when they inspect the car ?
Yes there is an option to say you have a cat delete and it will disable the p0420 code.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I am a bit confused how this high flow cat works .. so normally it goes stock DP -Cat-resonator right ? But when I get the catless DP itll be DP then resonator? (Because the DP already had the area where the cat was supposed to go . How would I be able to fit a high flow Cat in there .. unless I’m totally wrong about something .. or would I have to buy extra piping to weld/clamp on to fill where the void was that the catless DP left (and then if I wanted to add a high flow cat there instead of piping?) sorry for being confusing this is how my brain is processing this lol
No. Run a high flow cat.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you purchase a catless downpipe and you decide afterwards you WANT a cat - Youll purchase a hi-flow cat and cut a section out of the downpipe to incorporate the cat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok that helps a lot .. and will this high flow cat not throw a code ? Also if I decide not to get the high flow will the $100 extra code delete with Hilton remove the code and allow me to pass emissions.. I’m jus worried about throwing a code and how to get around it so I can pass .thank you to everyone that has helped
If you purchase a catless downpipe and you decide afterwards you WANT a cat - Youll purchase a hi-flow cat and cut a section out of the downpipe to incorporate the cat.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nope, cat shouldnt set the check engine light. We welded in one here in my T5 and I removed the spacer (had it installed when it was still "catless to prevent a check engine light"). As mentioned hilton can tune it out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so when Hilton tunes the code out a state inspector won’t see the code or see anything about how i have a tune or tuned out the code ? (I should pass with flying colors) in my state any CEL code is automatic fail due to the computer
Nope, cat shouldnt set the check engine light. We welded in one here in my T5 and I removed the spacer (had it installed when it was still "catless to prevent a check engine light"). As mentioned hilton can tune it out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also did you get any burbles or pops/bangs when you went catless/hi flow.. I deleted my muffler and res already aiming for some pops and burbles

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the OBX catless DP and had no trouble with install to factory mid pipe resonator.
I also used a spacer in the back O2 bung to keep the CEL from appearing.
If you are in an inspection state, I would 100% get a high flow cat. First, it’s the law and you don’t want to be swapping DPs every year or so to trick the inspections.
Second, as someone mentioned, the fumes are terrible and will permeate everything upon startup, including your clothes.
Get the DP and cat and get a shop to weld it in on the cheap.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any luck on any pope or bangs?
I have the OBX catless DP and had no trouble with install to factory mid pipe resonator.
I also used a spacer in the back O2 bung to keep the CEL from appearing.
If you are in an inspection state, I would 100% get a high flow cat. First, it’s the law and you don’t want to be swapping DPs every year or so to trick the inspections.
Second, as someone mentioned, the fumes are terrible and will permeate everything upon startup, including your clothes.
Get the DP and cat and get a shop to weld it in on the cheap.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
986 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Snabb On my t5, have them in stock as well :)

Using the Awd DP and fits without issues

Obx is straight trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
986 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts