SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I just splurged on DP and in came with the gasket pictured below.. it looks really thin, but I would probably miss that, but I noticed that package said "ECONOMY GASKET"... I'm curious if it's sufficient enough or I should buy the gasket that is not "economy". Don't want to do the job twice.

Advice please..

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Which downpipe did you buy? It was suggested to me when I purchased my CNT to find both upper and lower gaskets on IPDs website. Most cheaper downpipes come with cheap gaskets. So that's what I did. If I remember, it wasn't terrible expensive. That gasket does look right but it looks cheap.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It looks identical to the ones you buy from Volvo for the DP.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is an IPD part number and it's identical to a genuine Volvo gasket except it's a buck cheaper. Same thickness.
I'd say if your really worried then stop by a Volvo dealer and compare them to put yourself at ease.
Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7415/110383-downpipe-flange-gasket-2005

This was the one I was talking about. I believe this sits in the lip on the downpipe (smaller than the ID of gasket shown above) and is much thicker than that sheet metal gasket. I always thought this is what gave you your seal.

The Volvo OE lower gasket is a fiber-based material so why wouldn't the upper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts