SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got my downpipe from VIVA, but now that I'm actually looking at the space under the car, some of the bolts where the DP bolts to the turbo seem nearly impossible to get to. :confused:

Also, there's a fair bit of heat shielding that looks to be mounted to the OEM downpipe which obviously won't transfer to the ferrita unit.

Does anyone have a step by step (or at least an overview) of how to get the OEM downpipe out of the car? ( I have an xc60, but I imagine the packaging is nearly identical for s60/v60)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wish you good luck sir. I was wondering how you'd go about with the install when I was under my car getting the resonator removed. Looks very cramped in there.

Not sure if you can see the bolts from your accessible area, but most companies have a flexible extension for impact drivers. I have one that's about a foot long and flexes a bit. That might help a bit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news! Removal of the old downpipe IS possible on the XC60 as a DIY without removal of the angle gear or any other mechanical components. Will put together a write up in the next couple of days with recommended tools, lessons learned, etc.

If anyone else is attempting this today/tomorrow, PM me and I'll give you the quick version.

New question: does the Oxygen sensor spacer go on the sensor closer to the engine or on the sensor closer to the resonator?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Any updates on power after the install?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Bump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts