SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just had a custom 3 inch downpipe and exhaust installed on my R with 75,000 miles. Went with a 3 inch custom downpipe to a magnaflow resonator to a borla xr-1 ending with the elevate tip. Sounds great over 3000 rpm but has some drone around 2000 rpm. Also seems louder when I’m off the gas than on. Overall car is quicker and turbo does spool faster. :cool:

Having a couple issues:

1. Getting a code for P0134, Oxygen Sensor, Circuit no activity Detected Bank 1 Sensor 1.
Car seems to run fine, no loss of power. Installer advised cleaning the MAF? This is for the front O2 sensor right? The rear one is in a 90 degree spacer. What’s the next step, replacing the front sensor? Any guidance is appreciated.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?158841-Quick-O2-Sensor-question

2. Now I mistakenly assumed that the elevate tip would fit the body kit. The installer ended up cutting the driver side lower exhaust trim piece to get it to fit. I think the sport kit on my car is from a regular S60 and not the R kit. The difference being that the S60 kit has the smaller oval exhaust hole and the R kit has a larger more rectangular hole. Is this correct?

Whats my solution here? Can I buy just the 04 R version of the driver side exhaust trim piece with the larger more rectangular hole to accommodate the elevate tip? On the 04 R kit, is the piece with the exhaust hole separate from the center rear section, or is just the passenger side rear no hole lid the the only separate piece? It looks like part number 39992442 is just for the passenger side rear panel without the hole. Does anyone have the part I need or can point me in the right direction to find it?

My posting permissions don't allow me to post pics. The exhaust trim that was on the car is the same as the one in Lowenharts post #17 pic on this thread:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?117317-anyone-interested-in-OEM-S60R-sport-body-kit

The trim piece with the larger more rectangular hole that I need to fit the elevate tip is this one shown here on DevolvR post #25:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?163106-Racing-Bodykit-for-S60R

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Sorry to hear about your O2 sensor; I'd get that sensor checked before spending money buying new ones.

The rear sport kit for 2004, the driver side can not be bought separately - the passenger side is sold as a solid piece, the cut you see is either custom done or bought from CarbonFiberWerks.com (or ViVA's website as they carry a lot of CarbonFiberWerks materials).

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just had a custom 3 inch downpipe and exhaust installed on my R with 75,000 miles. Went with a 3 inch custom downpipe to a magnaflow resonator to a borla xr-1 ending with the elevate tip. Sounds great over 3000 rpm but has some drone around 2000 rpm. Also seems louder when I’m off the gas than on. Overall car is quicker and turbo does spool faster. :cool:

Having a couple issues:

1. Getting a code for P0134, Oxygen Sensor, Circuit no activity Detected Bank 1 Sensor 1.
Car seems to run fine, no loss of power. Installer advised cleaning the MAF? This is for the front O2 sensor right? The rear one is in a 90 degree spacer. What’s the next step, replacing the front sensor? Any guidance is appreciated.

2. Now I mistakenly assumed that the elevate tip would fit the body kit. The installer ended up cutting the driver side lower exhaust trim piece to get it to fit. I think the sport kit on my car is from a regular S60 and not the R kit. The difference being that the S60 kit has the smaller oval exhaust hole and the R kit has a larger more rectangular hole. Is this correct?

Whats my solution here? Can I buy just the 04 R version of the driver side exhaust trim piece with the larger more rectangular hole to accommodate the elevate tip? On the 04 R kit, is the piece with the exhaust hole separate from the center rear section, or is just the passenger side rear no hole lid the the only separate piece? It looks like part number 39992442 is just for the passenger side rear panel without the hole. Does anyone have the part I need or can point me in the right direction to find it?

My posting permissions don't allow me to post pics. The exhaust trim that was on the car is the same as the one in Lowenharts post #17 pic on this thread:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?117317-anyone-interested-in-OEM-S60R-sport-body-kit

The trim piece with the larger more rectangular hole that I need to fit the elevate tip is this one shown here on DevolvR post #25:
I had a drone issue at around 2000rpm and the car seemed louder when I was off the throttle. It started right after I installed my OBX downpipe. Turns out the turbo-downpipe gasket wasn't large enough (width wise I guess) to create a seal, I ordered a second gasket, and when using both of them it significantly quieted down the drone and off throttle noise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The rear sport kit for 2004, the driver side can not be bought separately - the passenger side is sold as a solid piece, the cut you see is either custom done or bought from CarbonFiberWerks.com (or ViVA's website as they carry a lot of CarbonFiberWerks materials).
Wrong. Go to Tascaparts.com and input part # 39992442. $138.10

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Is the sensor plugged in securely and in the exhaust stream?

If the O2 sensor is removed or too far out of the exhaust stream, it won't see any fluctuations and the ECU will throw a CEL for this.

The fact that it is your front sensor is not a good sign as the ECU needs this for closed loop operation. Without it, you are going to run pretty rich and get bad gas mileage.

·
6,436 Posts
Hi Guys,

Having a couple issues:

Did you buy the car from Buffalo or something?
A guy on this forum was selling it after about two months of ownership or so. He posted a few problem questions etc...
And that body kit is from a regular S60 - I remember that R vividly - it had some problems...sorry man

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Wrong. Go to Tascaparts.com and input part # 39992442. $138.10
This comment doesn't make sense... wrong 'what'?

BTW, that part number 'LID' is for the passenger side, not the driver side...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sprayed down the MAF and cleared the code. Only drove a little. Will see if it comes back.

@Stefan1235 - that’s really interesting. Great input!

@Alippery_R and and Tuscani - I got an email out to tasca. The guy I spoke with over there thought that you could not buy the R sport kit piece separate, but he is looking into it…. Got my fingers crossed

@phuz – will definitely make sure the sensors in all the way. Mpgs seem to be gone up from computer average of 20 to almost 21 since the turboback install. Thanks

@tomedkatz – Wow… I am in Albany NY and the previous owner did only have the car for a few months! I think the previous owner got the car from Staten Island. Car seems to run pretty well. I have had it for about a year. In that time had to do front struts, ipd endlinks, and lower control arm bushings, gas tank had a leak and had to be replaced, got a new fuel pump from the dealership on the hot weather recall. The battery for the alarm need to be replaced and the angle gear has begun to weap and will need a reseal.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
This comment doesn't make sense... wrong 'what'?

BTW, that part number 'LID' is for the passenger side, not the driver side...
As far as I know, that part number from Tasca is a vapor part. You can place the order, but Tasca will say that it's unavailable. In fact, I believe you would need to order it with the entire rear kit.

I would contact Henry(lowenhart aka CarbonFiberWerks) or Willy (Veilsidez) for the part, I know that they've replicated the exhaust panel for the driver side mold, as well as re-constructed the passenger side exhaust panel. Ask Tuscani, he should already have both from Henry and they fit perfectly to the 04 kit.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Sorry to hear about your O2 sensor; I'd get that sensor checked before spending money buying new ones.

K,

We order all our CF parts directly from the manufacturer in Asia:
http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbon-fiber-exhaust-trim-cover-s60r-v70r/

We have one in stock and ready to ship as of this morning.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
As far as I know, that part number from Tasca is a vapor part. You can place the order, but Tasca will say that it's unavailable. In fact, I believe you would need to order it with the entire rear kit.

I would contact Henry(lowenhart aka CarbonFiberWerks) or Willy (Veilsidez) for the part, I know that they've replicated the exhaust panel for the driver side mold, as well as re-constructed the passenger side exhaust panel. Ask Tuscani, he should already have both from Henry and they fit perfectly to the 04 kit.
Yeah, that LID on tasca is for the Passenger side, I know because I ordered it (and returned it to the dealership for credit, credit i put towards spark plugs). If you want the driver side exhaust panel piece, you have to buy the 2004 lower rear fascia body kit... doesn't make sense and sucks considering they sell the passenger side piece separately but not the driver side.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Not the right part that OP is looking for. I believe he's interested in the driver side, and probably in FRP instead of CF.

I wanted these to begin with!! but, both of mine are FRP, wish they were CarbonFiber though...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s exactly right DevolvR. :thumbup: The driver side part pictured in your post in FRP is what I need.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have the Sport kit fir my R and was thinking about getting the Elevate tip for my 3 inch exhaust, it will fit the factory sport kit on my 2006??

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
That’s exactly right DevolvR. :thumbup: The driver side part pictured in your post in FRP is what I need.
Yeah, unfortantely, if you want the driver side you have to either:
1. buy the whole rear lower kit for 2004 just for the driver side as it's not sold seperately.
2. contact CarbonFiberWerks to see if you can get the driver side
3. look and look - took me 1.5 years to get the driver side panel as I was missing it.

I have the Sport kit fir my R and was thinking about getting the Elevate tip for my 3 inch exhaust, it will fit the factory sport kit on my 2006??
It will fit.

·
6,436 Posts
BUMP
After almost five years of ownership my R I got my first Check Engine Light yesterday.
Code P0134 - that's for the front O2 sensor.
I checked my downpipe for leaks by the turbo and there are none.
From your experience, is this a bad sensor or a bad MAF? .... and if so what is the part # for the front sensor for our caRs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
BUMP
After almost five years of ownership my R I got my first Check Engine Light yesterday.
Code P0134 - that's for the front O2 sensor.
I checked my downpipe for leaks by the turbo and there are none.
From your experience, is this a bad sensor or a bad MAF? .... and if so what is the part # for the front sensor for our caRs?

Thanks!
Just got the same CEL

·
Registered
709 Posts
Tommy, I'd honestly start with the MAF. It's the easiest repair you're looking at and costs the price of a can of MAF cleaner.

I had an issue with my MAF recently after I had the car custom tuned at Carlisle. For 2 or 3 months leading up to the show I had an oiled BMC filter installed with no issues. Once I got home from the show however, I started getting a few codes. The most obvious one I saw was an eventual P0100 for the MAF. That one would come and go but additionally I had a consistent rich condition code and Bank 1 O2 sensor code (can't remember if it was a P0134). The P0100 didn't come for a few days after the initial CELs, but when it finally did I knew that at the very least needed to be replaced and picked up a used MAF from Connor. Installed that along with my old paper air filter and the car instantly had more noticible power and just felt like it was running healthier. The next day when I started the car up, CEL was gone and hasn't come back since (knock on wood).

I feel like the added airflow was enough to finally pull oil through the BMC and coat the MAF (probably didn't help that I was enjoying my 5 hour drive back to Cleveland from Carlisle ;) ) to throw the code. At the same time as these codes were popping, I would also get an intermittent ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED. And like I said, I'd start with checking the MAF. If it doesn't end up being the issue, it could still use a good cleaning I'm sure and doesn't cost much of anything.

Hope this helps man!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts