SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got under my car the other day to replace the endlinks and I noticed that there was no gasket between the turbo and the DP...

I had the DP put on in December...I plan on putting a gasket on there saturday at work is there anything else I should look out for?

Slightly mad that the exhaust shop did not put one in....:mad:

·
Registered
370 Posts
They usually didn't come from the factory with one

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
OEM DP has a lip to seal with the turbo outlet so no gasket is used.

However the aftermarket OBX DPs, like OP has, don't have that lip and are designed to use the provided gasket to seal to the turbo outlet.

That said, I am running without a gasket for about two years now without any leaks on the OBX DP. First gasket fell apart when I took it out for emissions two years ago, I tried to find a local replacement but gave up and just torqued it down without a gasket. I am about to do the same thing in a week or so here.

So if you want to install it, go ahead, if not won't cause problems as long as it's tight.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear. I dont think it has been leaking but who knows...sure sounds good though with the stright pipe

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
The OEM gasket on my 04 is just a very thin SS metal one. The replacement I ordered from IPD and installed with my OBX, was the same.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The OEM gasket on my 04 is just a very thin SS metal one. The replacement I ordered from IPD and installed with my OBX, was the same.
This. I haven't taken my DP off yet. But when I pulled my 16T the downpipe had the same kind of gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts