SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need to repair a 3" downpipe on my S70. The part is from IPD (Part of 112658 kit). The flex pipe cracked and is leaking fumes inside of the car when it is not in motion. The rest of the exhaust system is in good shape, so I rather not replace the entire mess because there are some customizations. I have not found a place in Connecticut that is willing to touch it. The flex is in the down vertical part and is too close to weld in the car. No one seems to have a jig to weld it if uninstalled from the car.

Could anyone recommend someone in Connecticut who could fix it? Or would anyone have a used one? (angle flange)

TIA
Seth

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try a shop that does race car fabrication, or someone who does marine & industrial engine exhausts. You may have to provide your own exhaust flex capsule, available from places like Jeg's or Summit. No, you can't just "fix" the existing flex, it will just crack wherever you weld it, even faster than before.

I used to run a shop that fabricated metal hose assemblies and a lot of marine and generator exhausts, we'd just make a quick n' dirty fixture with angle iron.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you are in the central or west portion of the state would recommend Rolling Motors in Watertown. If you are east-central then Pop's Exhaust (Manchester and south of Hartford).

A shop that knows what they are doing would cut the flex out, put the flex in place, tack it (small welds) then take the whole flex/converter out and weld it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts