SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dougy's true k27 water and oil cooled set up.... opposite of what I built with my gt3582r not 30 mph to top speed monster....but a zero to 100mph monster..... every single thing you're looking at it's done by my hands no machine shop involved.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
i need one of those doug :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
what other mods are needed to fit it? Custom downpipe I assume? Do you have to mod the engine mount?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'd buy. BTW I have your og 20g bought from another user.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

20g huhmmm...you dont say...lol...this setup will tear a hole 0 to 100 mph in anything on forum...

ps: that would include a hole in your AG and any auto trans. :D

here is your 20g on the left which is in a 8cm housing if i remember vs k27 that im making :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
20g huhmmm...you dont say...lol...this setup will tear a hole 0 to 100 mph in anything on forum...

ps: that would include a hole in your AG and any auto trans. :D

here is your 20g on the left which is in a 8cm housing if i remember vs k27 that im making :D

****! Then how you gonna bulletproof the angle gear lol..

·
Registered
269 Posts
k27 + 5cyl....

On the one hand, lag you can measure with a calendar.

On the other hand... THAT HOWL

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
k27 + 5cyl....

On the one hand, lag you can measure with a calendar.
On the other hand... THAT HOWL

what exhaust housing does this lag k27 in you're talking about have???... lol ... you're talking about regular Porsche k27? this is not what this is.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Even with a 7163?
by design efr7163 is waaay more advance/one of the most advanced 21st century turbo's, but with 11.5cm2 exhaust housing it will not beat this almost 40 year old journal bearing relic...top speed 7163 will absolutely win .

·
Registered
431 Posts
are you going to build some sort of oil/lube pump for the angle gear bearings? I'm curious to see how hard you will launch with this turbo.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
are you going to build some sort of oil/lube pump for the angle gear bearings? I'm curious to see how hard you will launch with this turbo.
oh no, the only reason i am making this is i like to fabricate things and it just seemed retarded to me that no-one was able to do/find water and oil cooled chra thick shaft upgrade, so i did find couple of them...there never was nor there never will be a launch, especially with this turbo....that is if i ever finish it and put it on...just like with my old setup gt3582r or 20g i never launched it...thats why i have 90K on my R with original angle gear/not-welded sleeve, but i did change the sleeve twice since 32k. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
oh no, the only reason i am making this is i like to fabricate things and it just seemed retarded to me that no-one was able to do/find water and oil cooled chra thick shaft upgrade, so i did find couple of them...there never was nor there never will be a launch, especially with this turbo....that is if i ever finish it and put it on...just like with my old setup gt3582r or 20g i never launched it...thats why i have 90K on my R with original angle gear/not-welded sleeve, but i did change the sleeve twice since 32k. :)
Can't wait to see the setup anyway.. A welded angle gear will only prevent stripping if the collar sleeve but is it still too much torque for the rest of the components? I ask cuz I'll freaking do it if that's all it would take for bullet proofing.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can't wait to see the setup anyway.. A welded angle gear will only prevent stripping if the collar sleeve but is it still too much torque for the rest of the components? I ask cuz I'll freaking do it if that's all it would take for bullet proofing.

not in a hurry whats-so-ever...i put it all away, while i ordered 1.75" dump piping and billet compressor wheels :)...i was going to have my welder weld some of the stuff but he goes bi-polar every-other month and it always comes with menstrual cycle...:whistle:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts