SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Nice! Welp, guess it's time to figure out if this engine can be super/turbo charged... LOL

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nice. How much?

Nice! Welp, guess it's time to figure out if this engine can be super/turbo charged... LOL
One thing I learned from my import tuner days; anything can be force inducted - how much do you want spend, how much boost do you want, and how many engine components do you want to leave strewn on the road. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
lol Sadly, many of the big things require subframe removal. There's not a lot of space under that engine and trans.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The transmission wouldn't handle any more power. The TF80-SC is already at its limits with the V8's output.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
The transmission wouldn't handle any more power. The TF80-SC is already at its limits with the V8's output.
You would think that, except his S60R has the very same transmission and is making a colossal sh!t-t0n more power. It's ability to continue to exist is a mystery. lol

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You would think that, except his S60R has the very same transmission and is making a colossal sh!t-t0n more power. It's ability to continue to exist is a mystery. lol
The S60R isn't hauling around the weight of the '90, so that could be a big factor.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
how leaky are the valve cover gaskets?

valve body replaced yet?

balance shaft bearing recall done I guess since its that high of miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
The S60R isn't hauling around the weight of the '90, so that could be a big factor.
Yeah, I imagine the extra 1000 lbs contributes. But he's also making stupid power. If it were a "power limitation", which I absolutely agree it SHOULD be based on AW's ratings, his transmission should have lit on fire and exploded quite a while ago. lol

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. How much?
thanks , 1900$ its pretty much in excellent condition thats why i spend premium.

lol Sadly, many of the big things require subframe removal. There's not a lot of space under that engine and trans.
yeah i know... thanks.

true, although i weighed myself in my s60r and it was 4200 pounds...but then again we dont know how my s60r clutches look with 600 torque on them....my 850 with 450 torque sure were down to metal last weekend when i took the trans apart...lol

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?159821-Dougy-s-850-T-5/page5
how leaky are the valve cover gaskets?

valve body replaced yet?

balance shaft bearing recall done I guess since its that high of miles.

no leaks, valve cover gaskets were replaced and so were the coils and plugs and pcv was done as well...i see alternator was replaced...the valve body seems to be original and it shift flawlessly...

i got the orca down to 2 codes.

BCM-C00201C - ABS pump motor control
CEM--9C03 - Antenna/light ring signal missing

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
volvo claims trans fluid is for life...no need to change it...lol...i must say valve body cover was resealed so valve body was most likely replaced...but judging by the trans fluid and looks like nobody touched the torx bolts whatsoever..could it be that they changed the valve body but not the fluid? lmao i would not doubt it.

nice and chocolaty...reset everything in vida aaand it shifts flawlessly as it did with the chocolate fluid. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Wait? “Lifetime” Transmission Fluid isn’t for life?
Next you’ll tell me that 10,000mi synthetic oil changes aren’t true either

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wait? “Lifetime” Transmission Fluid isn’t for life?
Yes it is.

Leave the fluid in there forever.
When the transmission dies, it reached the end of it's life.
If the original fluid was in there it did it's job correctly as described... for the entire lifetime.... from birth to death....

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Don't have VIDA in front of me but seem to recall the CEM-9C03 code when I bought my '08, was the little bulb on the antenna ring.

Bought two when I did the replacement, kept a spare for the '05 when it inevitably goes.

Nothing you probably don't know already but may be of benefit to others.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
volvo claims trans fluid is for life...no need to change it...lol...i must say valve body cover was resealed so valve body was most likely replaced...but judging by the trans fluid and looks like nobody touched the torx bolts whatsoever..could it be that they changed the valve body but not the fluid? lmao i would not doubt it.

nice and chocolaty...reset everything in vida aaand it shifts flawlessly as it did with the chocolate fluid. :D

Wait so you RESET the FLUID COUNTER and the ADAPTATION ??? Hold on, what happened after that? I have been told many times even VIDA tells you not to do Adaptaion unless parts inside were changed...

After the first drain and fill my trans started to flare 2-3 shifts when its warmed up under 25-50% throttle... below and above it was fine...
2nd flush, not much change...
3rd flush was full change of fluid through the cooling pipe with 12Qts and after that it still did it for a while it took a good 1-2 months before it fully went away.

I was going to reset adaptation but decided not to and lucky it adapted somehow to the slow shifts. Lucky save on my end I guess. im at 149k.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts