SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all SS's, i've been around for while and since I de-tuned / de- moded the beast this is a new chapter / thread for my 2006 s60r... it is all original 2 owner car with pampered 88,000 miles ... all the mods are listed below.

- tuned by contrast / Gustav > https://urbastuning.wordpress.com/
- engine is all stock OEM 2.4 T5 with stock K24 for now
- ipd sway bars
- ipd rear toe camber bushing
- ipd sub frame bushings
- ipd inter-cooler
- ipd exhaust
- ipd SS brake lines
- ipd air intake silicone pipe
- ipd inter-cooler to TB silicone pipe
- ipd OTE tubo and inter-cooler silicone hoses
- unorthodox crankshaft pulley

- plugs NGK - LFR7AIX - 2309
- custom 3" ram-air to air filter box
- all aluminium OTE made to fit like 06
- all aluminium setrab oil cooler converted heater core
- all aluminium radiator
- xc90 trans cooler with oil filter with radiator bypass
- custom older thermostat housing
- custom 3" DP with 60mm rev9 wg dump that opens at 12psi
- custom adjustable to oem spec rear toe bars
- custom Angle gear drain with new sleeve
- front LCA powerflex bushings only
- rare STEEL strut brace solid mounts
- 4c delete with heavy-duty bilsteins on all fours and lowered on OEM stocks springs
- custom firewall heat shield
- Evans water-less coolant
- 20" x 9 wheels
- curled fenders and quarters with extended OEM inner fender liners
- custom front lower lip
- headlight wiper delete with roof-rail trim
- custom grill with all mesh matching including rear bumper oem wents/louvers and custom rear bumper stabilizer.
- interior trim custom carbon wrapped
- custom Pro-sport gauges - boost, afr, oil preasure-temp, egt, trans temp
- driver side sunglasses holder instead of handle
- double din with back up camera
- all wiring loom under-hood wrapped in Super 33+

·
Registered
442 Posts
So what made you decide to muzzle the beast?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what made you decide to muzzle the beast?
Eventually I would have to do a manual swap because the 6-speed was not going to be able to handle this hp for much longer... I tried to sell the R as it sat but of course Volvo community rather spend 20 -$30,000 on their builds where they could have bought my entire R for probably 13000 cash...well no one bought it so I had an idea to list mods on my car and that's sold real quick so then I decided to make a solid daily driver s60r for me, and also if someone wants to buy it is much easier to sell it all muzzled.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
So like....are you gonna do a manual one some time?

You'll still be in here posting weird/impressive mods, right?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Eventually I would have to do a manual swap because the 6-speed was not going to be able to handle this hp for much longer... I tried to sell the R as it sat but of course Volvo community rather spend 20 -$30,000 on their builds where they could have bought my entire R for probably 13000 cash...well no one bought it so I had an idea to list mods on my car and that's sold real quick so then I decided to make a solid daily driver s60r for me, and also if someone wants to buy it is much easier to sell it all muzzled.
I literally found out he was selling it a few weeks ago. A huge shame since i would have bought it by now. Well whoever has all of your parts is going to make a beast.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sad to hear that you give up on your car. I got inspiration from you to make best build with custom style. Hope you change your mind or re-think again

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sad to hear that you give up on your car. I got inspiration from you to make best build with custom style. Hope you change your mind or re-think again
glad to have inspired you for your build akeker...know that all the mods on my R are there...Its only turbo, inter-cooler and fueling away from where it was. ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dislike this thread Dougy!!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I was wondering why you swapped it out. Did the old engine pop?

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
you are a pretty smart guy, cause this was the right move if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks, i think im falling in love with it all over again...it just needs lill bit larger turbo , lill bit bigger injectors and a FMIC.

That's right decision. Volvo will never lose to BMW Benz and the others if you drive the volvo. 5555

1 - 20 of 42 Posts