SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

bought a 2 owner 2001 C70 with 77k original miles with blown engine for 300$ ..to a peek inside to confirm, yep it was bad enough that the walls were blue and all 5 sleeves were .3mm above the deck...so i'll sink one of my engines in it or find a 2-300$ 30-50k miles used one to sink there...we'll see

here are some pics of oil, interior, engine and the car.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
That will be a nice quick flip for you if you go that route.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Looks pretty darn clean! Drive it around a bit, you might find you like it. :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Wow nice!! That's a heck of a good looking car for $300.. I'm about to scrap a rusty crusty turd I got for $500 haha. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That will be a nice quick flip for you if you go that route.
maybe so...my wife might want to drive it when it is done. :D

Looks pretty darn clean! Drive it around a bit, you might find you like it. :D
thanks :thumbup:...that's after i cleaned it, it looked like someone took a dump in it... i did not know these are such expensive cars for used parts...erie wanted 115$ fro sun-visor, i just had to lmao at that...not going to happen with me...so i found same color code parts car and spend 350$ for all of this....a complete perfect convertible top, front bumper and I reinforced it , trunk lid, replaced driver side hinges that I got , ds sun-visor, plastic trim piece above that, had new used hood to replaced old scratched up one but i did not like it so it is in the back yard and repaired door panels, , still have to fix window regulator just waiting for my 45$ repair kit...oh and then I go under the hood to fix/replace engine...lol...i like to start at the other end that way when i am under the hood and look at it, it is perfect. :D

Wow nice!! That's a heck of a good looking car for $300.. I'm about to scrap a rusty crusty turd I got for $500 haha. Good luck with it.
thank you Logan... that's what i thought when i saw it on craigs listed for 450...then i got there and it had brand new tires and i just had to go all out and offer him 300...lolol

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i only have couple hours here and there so tonight i bolted down this shortblock , all mounts, torque converter and axle...i was thinking of putting my spare k24 and obx catless dp on this and getting stock R 15psi tune with decat and rear o2 delete with it ...it will have 2006 R head with 2.5l exhust cam from R head and the 2.4 intake cam since it is a single vt and it is on exhaust side ....matting it with 2.4l cam cover...you know the way you are NOT suppose to do it , but it will work perfect...

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish i wasn't so anal when it comes to lill stuff...

redone harness covers to like new status in this section...using all oem used covers from JY ...

and still got all this wiring left to do ...worst i've seen yet.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

harness is all set except coils and injectors part, ill do that at the end and im all done on the bottom less turbo piping and most stuff on top ... ready for head so i unwrapped it .

slapped the head on.

lill by lill...not in a hurry , turbo should be here Tuesday.

cranked up the CNC machine to make cam sensor block off plate . :D

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my front safety belt release buttons did not function properly, so i replaced them both...and made my own turn stopper ,they are same thickness as OEM but from aluminium so they'll never wear out and turning radius is the same...LCA are tapped and nuts on the other side...overkill, nooou - dougy style...

I got rid of the headlight wiper holes in the bumpier ...got the trim from s60 with same color code...cut and belt-sanded to shape to fit perfectly and I used blacks adhesive silicone...same as i did on my s60r.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?202438-Headlight-bumper-wiper-holes-plugs

who would have thought a free s60r obx dp does not just bolt right on to C70 ??? ...lol... well now it does

it is time to call Hilton tuning and see what R 2.5 liter 16t can do...

had extra R cover...

one thing that i dont like once it is fully hot it takes a second to shift into drive, so i got a complete valve body from 2005 5 speed auto from local JY and might consider swapping that out ..got the windows tinted with ceramic film 200$, Jensen VM 9324 115$ shipped and put on my best 18 inch pegs with Michelin 225/45/18's pilots xm for 160$ mounted and balanced since everyone of those starfish rims were bend...

put on 960 lip .... had to cut it in the middle , used rivets ,aluminium plates, bonding adhesive ...blah blah blah...here it is ...

lowered rear with my jaguar springs...i am not sure what kinda of a ride that was with those bouncy rear springs...i know with this jaguar springs setup i can have about 700 punds in back and it'll drop half inch and never bottom out...super happy that i had extra set i made from 6 years ago.
here are some pics since old thread pics are dead.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/134097-lowering-my-rear-suspention

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Looking good Dougy! It looks like it has less wheel gap with those Jag springs.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's nice man! What did you have to do to make that s60r downpipe fit?

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man...basically chopped it up as you see in the pics ...i did add one angle that i happen to have and shortened the length of the pipe .

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's nice man! What did you have to do to make that s60r downpipe fit?
here are some more pics C70Dude.

it is 100% modified...it would not fit..not even close... im pretty good at eyeballing angles with least amount of cuts so it looks simple but it is not.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got my rear jaguar shocks in...85$ to the door for both, these used to be 125$ each...they are as strong as front sachs struts...

the ride perfectly matches the springs and front oe set up ...im happy and done for today.

jaguar vs volvo oe size wise

1 - 20 of 60 Posts