SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked up a Pioneer FH-P8800 deck and will be installing it sometime in the near future. Does anyone have any experience installing a double DIN deck? All the kits out there are for single DIN installs. It seems like there is going to be a small gap, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to do this custom. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
it should be fine...im not too familar with the 850 and the retro fitting of a new stazza. but i soon might be, someone said a wile ago that the double DIN wast quite the right size, but your cradel should hold it in the right spot were you want it. say if there was a gap top botom of the radio, then you would mount hte cradel so that you have an even gap..tell me how you go..

michael.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I had my JVC double din installed at a local shop, they did a great job. Actually it was the second time. I had my first one installed at place that did a ****ty job, and then my car was broken into and my headunit was stolen along with the rest of my stuff in my car. When I got the new one I took it to a different shop and this is that install. They just put in some brackets to center it becuase after market double dins are a little smaller than Volvo's double din.

Overall its worked out great for me, when I got my car the stock stereo didn't have a CD player. In the end I wish it had, then I could of just left the stock one since now I am not even using the amp in the headunit. I have two amps, one mounted under each of the front seats. One powers all the speakers, and one powers my sub

Anyway!

Here is the pic of my headunit. They cut a nice piece of black pastic to fit around the headunit to cover the small gap.

Oh, and the scratchs are from the robber not the installers :p

here are my two amps, they fit perfectly

·
Registered
4,395 Posts

[This message has been edited by Kaizai (edited 07-12-2002).]

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
if i ever catch a guy nicking some sound equipment, i swear he had better run farst!!. because i would kick the absoulute **** through his squraunie little theiveing body.... i hate people that steal from people that have spent lots of money and time putting togeathor car audio. sure some people may have insurance and some people dont...and another thing, they could atleast have the decentcy to UNPLUG the aerial instead of CUTTING it....im really sorry to those theives out there but i hate it...... you can steal my bike ,you can steal my T.V but DONT steal my f*ing car radio!! *sighs*

sorry just needed to vent.

michael.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts