SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my audio installer today.Here is the list what he offers to me:<p>Kenwood 6029(I wanted this)<br>Kenwood KTC v500....TV Tuner<br>JLAudio......................500/5 Amplifier<br>JLAudio......................XR 653 csi <br>JL Audio......................XR 650 csi<br>JL Audio......................12W6<br>Direct Audio.................1Farad Capacitor<p>What do you think of this system?<p>My main question is:Is it possible to connect ONLY KENWOOD HEAD UNIT with the existing original amplifier and speakers?

·
Registered
96 Posts
it should be possible, i am running my valor headunit to the stock speakers w/o another external except for the amplifier for the sub. and unless you plan on using the tuner, its a waste. i have one built into my headunit and have never used it

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (yerrow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>yerrow</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it should be possible, i am running my valor headunit to the stock speakers w/o another external except for the amplifier for the sub. and unless you plan on using the tuner, its a waste. i have one built into my headunit and have never used it</TD></TR></TABLE><p>How is the sound quality if you compare it with the stock unit?

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 trillion times better...but that can't be attributed completely to the HU. i replaced all door speakers, HU and subwoofer all at once

1 - 4 of 4 Posts